TRUCKS

L

LUCKYHUNT

Anyone driving the new ecoboost F-150? gas mileage? tow?

I test drove one a few wks ago and got to tow about 9k with it but just a short distance, it was a demo the local ford dealer was doing. I was very impressed with the torq. but wished I could have spent more time towing with it.

Thanks

Looks like it would make an OK car engine or maybe a real light Pick-Up engine!

This Sshit ain't hard to figure out!

You need TORQUE to make a TRUCK a TRUCK!

Them small,Hi-Revin Gas Engines ain't got it!

I hear Guys all the time bragging about their Gas engines having 400lb ft of Torque,ya at 6500 RPM they might,now lets see you keep it wound that tight with a load behind you to utilize it!

400,GEEZUS get a grip!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

Haven't had a look at one, since I'm still paying for my 06 F150. I'd dearly LOVE to get my hands on the engineer that designed the spark plug set up for the 5.4 Flex Fuel engine, though. Haven't changed them yet, but I've read about the nightmares of plugs breaking off and the heads having to be pulled to get them out. Shouldn't be anything simpler than a darn spark plug....but nooooo.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/experiencef150/?section=torture:home&bannerid=370762|58008067|234571145|0&referrer=N3016.SpecificMedia

The only one I really cared about was the head to head, and it beat the Dodge Hemi, and spanked the Chevy easily.

2a0fcsk.gif

Philthy

Its all the 3 valve 5.4 litre Ford motors, the spark plug has a long shroud grounding electrode, I changed mine and had 3 break off. There is a special tool that will remove the shroud, I borrowed one from a mechanic friend of mine and it removed them fairly easily.

3124img0970ku8.jpg

By the way, that new motor looks nice.

Ford claims that the F-150 outperformed the Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan in both fuel economy and torque. Interesting. Smart looking truck.

94942011-ford-f-150_100323637_l.jpg

Before even test driving anything new tell them you want a set of spark plugs,a fuel filter,an oil filter,start changing the above items to see if it's 'reasonable'?

If it ain't reasonable just hand their trash back to them & say:NO THANK YOU!

I tell you what you can do with:

Ford Aluminum Heads & Spark Plugs!

Fuel Filters on certain GM Pick-Ups!

Injector change out on Dodge V-10's!

The one I think that annoys me more than any of them is Pulling the f'n cab off the Super Duty Fords just to work on the POS!

CAN WE JUST ROLL THE CUMMINS ENG UNDER THAT SUPER DUTY WHILE WE GOT HER UP IN THE AIR!!!!! BECAUSE THOSE DODGE CABS AND FRAMES ARE A POS!!!!!! RATTLE TRAP!!!! CHEESE DIHK INTERIOR!!!! I CAN
GO ON N ON!!!!!

I OWN A 01 7.3 SD (LOVE IT)
MOMMA HAS A 06 5.9 ( LOVE IT N HATE IT)

WHATS THE WORD ON THE NEW CUMMINS? B BOP

:)

The Newer dodge is sportin supposidly the Best Automatic Tranny they've ever had!(For pussies that are too lazy to run a 6 speed stick!)

You can make em run but it's spendy!(And they're already spendy right off the lot!)

A cummins bigger than a 5.9 is total BS,the 5.9 with a few mods will destroy the Dodge!:D

The Dodge/Cummins claims to be the only Diesel you don't have to poor the 'POISON' in to on the market right now!

Mileage is down on the newer Cummins,but with a few mods they're not bad,wish I could afford a new one!

You don't buy a Dodge cuzz they drive or ride good,but they are improving!

They keep screwin with Diesel Pick-Ups & jackin Fuel prices up it's gonna phase alot of them out!

But what'ya gonna buy that's gonna pull a load?

Sure the Hell ain't gonna be any Gas engines producing 800lb ft of Torque anytime soon!

I HEAR THAT DODGE IS RUNNING 1 YEAR WITHOUT THE POISON? THEN IN
2012/13 THEY WILL START RUNNING UREA?

Could be?

I know there are a few Dodges on the Road already running it but it was last years model & only a few of them!

Well HORNFISH!

I only know a couple Guys here that have robbed a Bank to buy one!

The one Guy really likes his new high powered Ford Diesel,but it's BRAND NEW & UN-TESTED in my eyes!

If Ford don't pull their heads out of their Asses on Diesel Engines they can Kiss My Tail,you'd best hang on to your older 7.3!

Maybe they'll straighten their POWERJOKE out but I wonder?

All of them,Ford,GM & Dodge are Boasting Torque up around 800ft lbs,kinda hard to go back to a Gas Engine after running a Diesel with that kind of Torque!

I still say they're gonna phase them out for the most part!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom