Trucks. Then & now.

Long Time Member
Let's take a moment to compare the truck of the greatest generations to that of our current pus$ified generation.

Back then, the truck would get warm halfway to its destination. Now, the truck can be remotely started, they are equipped with heated seats and heated steering wheels. Heaven forbid your fingers get a chill.

Back then you stopped the truck, stumbled in the dark snow, and locked in the front hubs. Now you have shift on the fly 4wd, of course button push because having to actuate a physical lever would be too much for some.

Back then if you got good and stuck, you'd get out and slap some chains on all fours. You'd orchestrate a tapestry of chains, tow straps, cum-a-longs, and hi-jacks to get out. Now, you press a button for a satellite to summons help. You don't even carry chains or a jack because the rust would spell disaster if it stained your leather seat.

Back then, if it got good and hot you would open the extra vents for airflow near the floor. Now you stay comfortable with your low E glass tint and a/c. Then you would have to hand crank a window down. Now, you hit the electric power windows which seems extra ironic since the only time anyone opens a window is to order a burger at a drive up window.

Then a work truck meant you had an AM signal to tune into if you were close enough to a signal. Now, guys talk about which XM station they listen to in their 'work' truck.

Just a few observations on the pu$$ification of the American male and his pu$$ified truck. Go ahead and add to the list.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Heated Steering Wheels!

All kinds of Buttons on the Back & Front side of the Steering Wheel!

Inverters to plug your FRICKEN LapTop in to!

Heated & Cooled Leather Seats!

Some Truck Manufacturers not even offering a 6 Speed Stick Tranny,PUSSSIFIED is Right!

Let's not forget the PlayBoy Radio,GOOD GAWD!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

So it begs the question.

DID THE TRUCK MAKE THE SISSIES? OR...DID THE SISSIES MAKE THE TRUCK?
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It's a 50/50 Split 1911!

THE SISSIES THAT MADE THE NEW TRUCKS MADE THEM TO SELL TO THE SISSIES!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-13 AT 06:58PM (MST)[p]Last time I bought a new one, it cost be about 41K; fully loaded F350 Lariat crew cab. It's now got about 180K on it...7.3L..and I still get about 18mpg.

Had a salesman call me today to say that the new one I drove last week had dropped to 54K, down from 65K.

The new one has hot/cold seats, rear a/c and heat, sliding/defrosting rear window, mirrors will fold and extend with the push of a button, dvd player, GPS, remote start, and lots of other chit that I won't use.

I think I will keep my old one.

Oddtruck.jpg

This one looks a lot like my 1st truck. Oddly enough we were both born in 1952. I aged much better!

592752_chev.jpg

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>This one looks a lot like
>my 1st truck. Oddly enough
>we were both born in
>1952. I aged much better!
>
>
>
592752_chev.jpg

We both have a couple of dents and a little rust but a full tank and good rubber.
>
>Slick
>
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I like my Edge Chip and my PPE tuner. one press of a button adds some serious power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And all the other mods I cant live without. I will stick with that technology

I've never owned a vehicle with power windows or power door locks.

Last summer I went salmon fishing with a friend who had one of them new fancy trucks. We pull up to the boat ramp and there is a line of people waiting to launch, so we get in line. We're finally next up, so we jump out to unhook the boat from the trailer. When we do, we both shut our doors while the truck is running. We go to get back in and the doors are locked. WTF?

He has no spare key, so we pry the top of the door enough to stick his gaff hook down and unlock the driver side door. Mean while we have the entire line of fishermen behind us pissed off.

I guess when I got out I hit the power door lock switch on the arm rest and locked the driver side too. I had no idea that was even possible. Only a moron would design something like that.

I hope I never have a truck like that.

Eel

Know your pain eel. I did that a few years ago with my truck. The wind blew the door shut and so I just walked back to the boat grabbed the anchor and threw it through the passenger side window. Went fishing for the day, then drove home.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

The trouble with nostalgia is that is it is not what it used to be.

You forgot:
Cleaning the plugs every 5,000 miles.
Changing the plugs every 10,000 miles.
Tires lasting 15,000 miles.
Putting a brick on the gas to keep it running while it warmed up.
Defrosters that didn't work.
Having the gas tank in the cab with you.
Not many 4 wheel drives until about the mid 60's.
No power steering.
Etc.
Etc.
I have restored several old trucks and they are fun to drive to town once a week so I can remember when I was young, but for everyday I will take my new ##### truck.

I remember a few years ago when our oldest son, the cop, bought a new truck with the heated seats option.

When he told his Mother about all the options on it, she turned to me and stated. Only my son would buy a truck that could heat his farts while driving.

RELH

>The trouble with nostalgia is that
>is it is not what
>it used to be.
>
>You forgot:
>Cleaning the plugs every 5,000 miles.
>
>Changing the plugs every 10,000 miles.
>
>Tires lasting 15,000 miles.
>Putting a brick on the gas
>to keep it running while
>it warmed up.
>Defrosters that didn't work.
>Having the gas tank in the
>cab with you.
>Not many 4 wheel drives until
>about the mid 60's.
>No power steering.
>Etc.
>Etc.
>I have restored several old trucks
>and they are fun to
>drive to town once a
>week so I can remember
>when I was young, but
>for everyday I will take
>my new ##### truck.

Remember when you didn't mind Cleaning the Plugs?
Remember when it only took 20 Minutes to Change the Plugs?
Remember when Engines had Plugs?
Remember when Tires would last 93,000 Miles?(kilo's Tires!:D)
Remember putting the Brick or Your Foot on the Throttle & taking it to the RPM you wanted?(Damn Rev Limiters!)
Remember when the Defrosters Broke you could fix them?
Remember when the Fuel Tank didn't Gel Up because it was in the Cab?:D
Remember when they were 4 Wheel Drive & you were not affraid of Scratching them?
Remember when they didn't have Power Steering?Ya I remember that,at least they had some Metal Thickness to them!
Remember if & when the SOB Broke down on you,you could nurse it off the Mountain?

I also Remember when I used to like to Mechanic!

Up until some JACKASSES decided to turn them in to an Electronic Cluster-#### and even they can't Fix them without plugging them into a Computer!

Ya,I remember when!

Remember when we had to actually go outside and do $hit instead of sitting on the computer bitching about our trucks with some guys you've never met and live 500 miles away?

No NVB!:D

But I remember when you had to go inside to Argue & Bittcch about Our Trucks on the Internet with people 500 miles away!:D

I remember when NVB had to Inhale!

Now He's making people Inhale!:D

LMMFAO!:D:D:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom