Truck Question

kawboy

Very Active Member
I am looking to put exhaust on my truck. I am looking at either Magnaflow, or Flowmaster. I don't want it to be loud, mostly I am looking for better fuel economy. I really don't want to hear it in my cab. Do any of you have any suggestions? I plan on doing a K&N filter also, possibly a programmer.
Thanks

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Where's Aya?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

If you are looking for fuel economy out of an exhaust, you will be very disappointed. If your truck is a diesel and you are planning on the programmer, then do the exhaust for the lower EGT's but I wouldn't expect any improvements in fuel mileage from the exhaust. With that said I like the sound of the Magnaflow.
Traditional only >>>------->

Forget the K&N, It's just a great way to shorten your motor life. Unless you clean it and lube it to perfection on a very regular basis you are going to be feeding a lot of grit to system. It wont't pay for the .01% MPG gain for sure.

Bean? Really on the K&N? I thought the dirtier they got the better they worked.

Is it a sham???? Is a paper filter every 15K or so better?

Slick

I'm with Bean Man on the K&N, especially for a diesel.

I've got a custom air intake and a 4" stainless exhaust. Better mileage? Mebbe 2 or so more MPG. I also have a tuner. Oddly enough, it gets slightly better mileage when I have it on the higher HP setting...IF I stay off the throttle.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

K$N doesn't seal worth a damn. I took mine of my powerstroke and put the new Ford micro filter on in it's place. Much better.

I havent had any of the problems you guys have with the K&N. All the trucks I have put on in had quicker throttle response and felt like it pulled harder when I was on the gas. Gave me 1-2 MPG. The exhaust, I always liked flowmaster but the noise in the cab never bothered me and it always gave me 1-2 MPG. The programmer gave me the most by far but I wouldnt put any sort of chip or programmer on without doing the exhaust and filter, diesel or gas.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

i have a programmer= about 1 mpg k/n= about 1 mpg - i keep it clean and have no probs i have flowmaster exhaust= 1 mpg ,, imho flowmaster was not as loud as magnaflow

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom