truck problem

BigPig

Very Active Member
I love my 06 Dodge 2500 CTD. This is the only problem I've ever had. The pinon seal to the front axle leaks. Not a lot, just enough to wet the differential housing mostly. It's one of those things that most people would probably never notice, but I change my own oil and noticed it over the weekend while I was under there. I first had this seal replaced at 13,000 under warranty. I just hit 40,000 (warranty expired at 36K) and it has started leaking again. I called my service advisor at the dealer and he said if it's is out of warranty and past 12,000 from the repair, I will have to pay out of pocket. He quoted me about $230. I said that I didn't want this to be a recurring problem and that if I paid out of pocket I wanted to make sure it was fixed permanently. He said he couldn't guarantee that. He also said that like all seals, it will wear out with normal wear and tear. I call BS. This is not wear and tear. There is no way a pinon seal is supposed to wear out every 25-30000 miles, if ever. I think there is a problem that should have been addressed under warranty and wasn't, and that is why I'm having this problem again. Do I have any recourse? What can/should I do?

A seal is a wear item. It depends on how you drive, and quality of seal used, installation, etc. Lots of thing can cause seals to fail. I agree they shouldn't fail that often though. I've replace my rear-end seals once so far on mine. You can try but I don't think you have any recourse. Nobody is going to guarantee a seal for life......and they aren't covered under the drive train warranty i don't believe.

I would go see the Service Manager and tell him you aren't happy. Hopefully, that is the same place you had the first one done. He can only say no.......and he might split it with you. He has a LOT of options.

Be as nice as you can.

Welcome to Dodge customer service!!!!!!!

That is why I have been throwing Dodge under the bus for the last 7 years. They wouldn't back up thier trucks. Thier service sucks. (at least that has been my personal experience).

But here the other day I bought a new Dodge because I am having problems with Fords 6.4 diesel. That is a complete piece of crap. Just ask Bobcat, he was in both of mine.

I bought the Dodge knowing that I'm not going to get good warranty so I might as well cut the exhaust off and take off the dpf filter.

I'm sure I didn't help with your problem, but it sure feels good to get this off of my chest..

Thanks, Steve

I have an 05 Cummins with 50k miles and have never had a major problem. The only thing that has gone bad was a sensor that helps it shift broke while mudding in Montana last year. I thought it was something to do with the tranny slipping and was fully ready to replace it then they called me and explained that it was just the sensor for only $150. That is great customer service IMO. They really could have raped me!

***************NOTICE************

No auto company wants an unhappy customer. Period. End of story.

You guys that are having customer service..warranty issues, are not taking advantage of all the options available to you.

A calm, level headed discussion with the Service Manager will fix 80% of issues and a call to the District Office will get the other 20% of them handled.

Now, that said, if you get all pissy and start throwing stuff and cussing, leaving them no room to be nice, they got a way of shredding your entire warranty book and writing you off as a lost cause.

YA!!!

HURRY & TRADE IT FOR A DURA-MAX!!!

THEN WHEN THEY TEATS UP YOU'RE SCREWED!!!

AS canyonwell POSTED ABOVE,I'VE ALWAYS LIKED THE F SERIES FORDS UNTIL THEY JUST COULDN'T GET THE STROKERS RIGHT!!!

CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'D KEEP BUILDING SOMETHING WITH THAT MANY PROBLEMS FOR THAT MANY YEARS???

THE NEWER DODGES AIN'T BEEN AS GOOD EITHER!!!

MOST OF IT DUE TO THE NEW SMOG EMMISIONS BS!!!

ALL I KNOW FOR SURE IS:::

THEY ALL WEAR OUT!!!

THEY ALL BREAK!!!

AND THEY ALL CAN PISS YOU OFF!!!

I'LL GIVE GM CREDIT RIGHT NOW,THATS THE BEST TRUCK THEY'VE HAD ON THE MARKET IN MANY,MANY YEARS!!!

AS FOR THE LEAKING SEALS ON THE DODGE???

I'D TAKE A REAL CLOSE LOOK AT WHERE THE SEAL RUBS ON THE METAL & MAKE SURE THE METAL IS REALLY SMOOTH!!!

SEEN ONE ON A CHEVY HERE NOT TO LONG AGO & THE METAL WAS SO ROUGH THE SEAL WOULDN'T LAST NO TIME AT ALL & IT WAS A NEW TRUCK,THE YOKE WAS MADE OUT OF GARBAGE METAL THAT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS FLAKING!!!

I'D ALSO MAKE SURE THE VENT ON THE DIFFERENTIAL IS NOT PLUGGED OFF,THEY GOTTA BE ABLE TO BREATHE OR SEALS WILL START LEAKING!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

A Friggin' automobile is the worst investment you can ever have...
Our 2003 Toyota Camry blew up the other day...180,000 miles and never had a problem....now I'm going to Salt Lake to buy An AWD Subaru Forester....Bess will be be proud....

Dang longun. That is more miles than I can put on a cruiser from 03. Where do you drive? Bess ain't gonna let you live down buying that Subaru. Hope it puts some american boys to work and puts green in their pocket. I could care less about stimulating the asian markets right now.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

A LEZBARU HUH???

LOL!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

ONE MORE THING BigPig!!!

I'D TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT THE PINION BEARING & RACE!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

1911-----First off when you live out in the boon-tules like we do its a 20 mile round trip just to get the mail then in the wintertime shuttling righands we have 70 mile round trip for that 2 times a day and 6 times a week.....AND THEN I had a daughter that played College basketball and ran around all over the West watching her play...but she graduated last year so all done with that.....and I got only one ticket in Nevada....and no deer....
We first got the car the wife was driving and a big ole Jack Rabbit ran across the road she didn't even slow down.. WHAP..get home and their's a big dent in the fender, she just shook her head and mumbled that us Americans couldn't build a decent car anymore(She's native German)YES THE YOTA IS MADE IN AMERICA!!

180K HUH???

I GUESS NOT BAD IF YOU NEVER PUT MUCH IN IT???

I'D HEARD YOU'D ONLY NEED TO BUY ONE YOTA & IT WOULD LAST YOU A LIFETIME THOUGH???

MY GROCERY GETTER IS NEARING 180K & MAYBE IT WILL BLOW???

IT AIN'T HAD NOTHING BUT BRAKES,OIL & FUEL & SOME SELF INFLICTED DAMAGE I'VE DONE MYSELF!!!

I THINK THEM LEZBARU'S ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

EVERYBODY I'VE TALKED TO THOUGH LIKE THEM!!!

ESPECIALLY THEM RAINBOW WARRIORS!!!

JUST RAZZIN YOU Longun!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

its a known dodge problem all the way back to the 97 model
Imma have to agree with bessy, check the metal.

-Cass

HOWDY Cass!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

WELL kilo???

JUST WONDERING HOW MANY MILES YOU GOT OUT OF YOUR HARD DRIVE???

I'M SURE MORE THAN WHAT I GOT OUT OF MINE!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Ever wonder why the US automakers are in trouble ? My Toyota keeps on going and going and going, shame to say that americans cant seem to build a rig like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom