Truck liners: Rhino, Linex, or ???

dryflyelk

It's been a few years since a put a bed liner in a truck, but I figured I'd better get it done to my new tundra since it's already been scratched up a bit.

Holy cow, have prices gone up. I've always used linex and loved it, but the only dealer in the state here charges 470+tax. Last time I did it I think i payed $300? I called around to the rhino dealers and they all want 450-500ish.

Anybody have any opinions on the matter, or any other off brand alternatives that would be just as good, and less money? I don't want to do it myself, so that option is out of the question.

I was shown an example of Linex before having them spray the top of my camp trailer's seams to avoid any potential leaks. They had sprayed a pop can and it was indestructible. I wanted to make sure it would adhere to aluminum and that answered my question. They told me that Rhino is much softer. Linex is very hard. So far, I have been very happy with the job. I just wished I had the front of the trailer done to protect from rocks. Maybe next year. Hope this helps.

Rhino is not the best, just the most expensive. I've worn out rhino liner a couple times and have superliner now. It seems to be holding up just as good as rhino for cheaper. Had mine done last summer when I bought the truck for 300.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Get the lining in a can for $100 at Auto Zone and do it yourself. Takes half a saturday if you have a compressor and paint gun, not hard at all.

my favorite is turboliner or linex they are very similar but turbo is a little cheaper. they arent soft like rhino or armatuff. in fact if you rub the two samples together trbo or linex will rub right through rhino. turbo liner is available in slc at ara accessories they are on the first road east of i 15 between 39th and 33rd south

Linex is the bomb. Got it in 2 pickups now and have had for as much as 8 years in one of them. Ive thrown heavy things into the box and dented the wheelwell but still didnt break the linex. The only one I will use-regardless if it costs a bit more

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom