Truck Bed Rack $400

c3

Very Active Member
I traded some cnc machine work for a full pallet of 3/16" thick aluminum sheet stock. Needed a truck bed rack for my flycraft raft and such so I designed up this version and it's turned out super sick. Yesterday we loaded 4 - 4'x10'x 3/4" maple ply and one 4'x8' birch ply sheets on it with zero flex or issues. Probably about 500 lbs. Seems about as beefy as any bed rack I've ever seen and is super simple to put on and adjust for your truck.

Thought I'd throw this one out there and see if anyone else needs something like mine for their truck.

Doing a first run without any of the extras for overlanding and such for $400.

Let me know if you have something custom you might need.

Cheers,
Pete
801 915 2508
[email protected]

IMG_9627.JPG

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9648.JPG

IMG_9649.JPG

IMG_9665.JPG

IMG_9672.JPG

IMG_9674.JPG

IMG_9604.JPG

Looks awesome and sturdy, Pete! I am curious what you think about your F-150 for pulling that trailer? What engine do you have in it and what year is the truck?

I am considering a new truck and was leaning going with a diesel for pulling my trailer, but I am not sure I pull often enough to warrant a diesel engine cost and maintenance. If I can find a good, reliable engine in a half ton that does a good job pulling something in the 8,000lb range, I will probably go that route.

Hey Cory, my truck is a 2018 supercab 3.5 turbo. Tows my trailer fine up to about 70mph after that gas mileage plummets. Truck is 5200 lbs with only a couple gallons of gas. Trailer is about 6100 lbs. with very little water after dumping. Was 11,300 on the cat scales. No way I'd want to tow an 8000 lbs trailer in our mtns with it. It will tow it up hill all day and then some, but she don't like it on the downhills and into a headwind much :)

My neighbor has a 2023 F250 with the 7.3 gasser and it's awesome. For a trailer that heavy, I'd definitely look into one of the newer 3/4 tons with the bigger gas engine. They are pretty slick these days. Not many of us can afford a second mortgage to buy the superduty turbo diesels.

Cheers, Pete

If you're Gonna Pull Get The Right Tool For The Job!

It Won't Be A Gasser!

Why The HELL Hasn't Ford Built A V-8 ECO-BOOST?
That is what I am wrestling with - only pull a trailer 4-5 times a year if that and I don't drive the truck much in general. Diesel engine seems like overkill for my need, dollar, and maintenance.

I debated buying diesel when we bought our 2021 F350. Realized that I do pull the 5th wheel enough to warrant the diesel but didn"t NEED it. I didn't want the extra cost in fuel and have to mess with the DEF BS so we went with the gas engine. Going up grades, it feels like a gas engine. If it was diesel, we'd probably get to where we are going a bit earlier but I don't mind a few minutes more on the road. It is amazing how much more trucks are even since we bought ours a few years ago. No payments on it and when I hear guys finance them, unless they had a lot to put down, they're paying a heavy payment. I am 52 and will never have another car payment. Tell your kids to get their cars paid off as quick as possible and put that same payment in the bank so you can pay cash for the next one.

I debated buying diesel when we bought our 2021 F350. Realized that I do pull the 5th wheel enough to warrant the diesel but didn"t NEED it. I didn't want the extra cost in fuel and have to mess with the DEF BS so we went with the gas engine. Going up grades, it feels like a gas engine. If it was diesel, we'd probably get to where we are going a bit earlier but I don't mind a few minutes more on the road. It is amazing how much more trucks are even since we bought ours a few years ago. No payments on it and when I hear guys finance them, unless they had a lot to put down, they're paying a heavy payment. I am 52 and will never have another car payment. Tell your kids to get their cars paid off as quick as possible and put that same payment in the bank so you can pay cash for the next one.
trying to teach my kids the value of being free and clear too and it's a tough road :)

Cheers,
Pete

I Agree With Most Of What You Said Wisz But You Shoulda Maned Up & Polluted KALI Just A Little More!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom