Trout OVERlimited

NVPete

Very Active Member
If this is a legit "bust", the culprit is looking a set fine of X dollar amount, and let's say a value of $10.00 per fish, so at least a $16,000 fine for the fish alone. Ya think the judge will make it stick? (New Mexico overlimit of rainbow trout... 1600 fish over legal limit)

5983trout_overlimited.jpg

Who did this, how'd they do it, and why? Makes me sick!!!

Thanks!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Was the JOKER Fishin at a Hatchery?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Dynamite maybe or he netted them at the fish hatchery.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

This was in a town about 15 miles from me. He caught them with a pole in a couple of lakes in town.

Who the hell would want that many trout?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

>Who the hell would want that
>many trout?
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

The Chin Ho Restaurant would be my guess.

Eel

I don't understand why the fish and game limits how many dead animals we can keep in our freezers. I understand bag limits, etc but if this guy was retired and fished every day for 320 days then every fish caught was legal... He just had too many at his house.

Trout chowder anyone?
The guy is a wasteful, hoarding turd but I see your point TH06!
Zeke

Anyone ever have extra elk in the freezer carried over from the year before? um, I'll bet more than a few!

Here on the coast the salmon limit is 2 per day, 4 in possession. Guys who live here go out quite a bit and the warden gets to know your boat. I've known several guys who have had the warden show up on their front porch. They will check your freezer for over possession limit. And your smoker too.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON May-16-14 AT 01:38PM (MST)[p]" ...He just had too many at his house."

He had WAY WAY WAY, times a hundred, too many! I could maybe understand a "few" extra fish in his freezer.

Take some, leave some for somebody else.

It's only a hard law to understand for those that think only of themselves.

It doesn't say but I believe it more likely that he over caught his limit every time he went. Obviously, that fisherman could care less if there was good trout fishing left for others, for families, for some kid, for vacationers, whoever. Game Hog! I hope that they throw the Book at him!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Would that be known as a FULL LIMIT?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Ok so why in the heck would want this many??

Is there gold or oil in them?

what am I missing here?

The possession limits are there to limit people from going out in the morning and then coming back at lunch, then at dinner and bringing home a full limit each time. However my thinking is what right do you have to go through my freezer? If you were to show up on my front porch asking to take a look at my freezer I would slam the door in your face, and make you get a warrant. The reason being is you have no right and I can guarantee I would get the evidence suppressed at a suppression hearing because you would not have probable cause for a warrant.

deerslayer, You are so FOS! lol If the Wardens have evidence to suspect that you have broken the law, they are going to get a Warrant, come where they want, and it will stand up. In some States, Wardens don't even need Warrents to go where they choose to. They have a TON, a lot of authority, in some cases, even more than the police.

Joey

I Think We better send a Warden over to DeerSlayers Place for a Freezer Census!:D:D:D

That signature you put on a hunting or fishing license is the wardens concent. As Sage wrote in some cases the warden has more authority than the police.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

>That signature you put on a
>hunting or fishing license is
>the wardens concent. As Sage
>wrote in some cases the
>warden has more authority than
>the police.
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

no its not

Please don't send them to my home to check my freezer....I don't think they'd appreciate the 37 Tiger Salamanders I have in there. Those things are so tasty with a little bit of honey mustard...

And....that's waaaaay too many fish to have in your possession. Maybe a wanton waste charge at the very least?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

This copied from Wiki.

"Search with or without warrant"

"The laws in many U.S. states allow game wardens to conduct certain types of searches with or without search warrants. The law states in part "...any commissioned wildlife agent may visit, inspect, and examine, with or without [a] search warrant, records, any cold storage plant, warehouse, boat, store, car, conveyance, automobile or other vehicle, airplane or other aircraft, basket or other receptacle, or any place of deposit for wild birds, wild quadrupeds, fish or other aquatic life or any parts thereof whenever there is probable cause to believe that a violation has occurred. Commissioned wildlife agents are authorized to visit or inspect at frequent intervals without the need of search warrants, records, cold storage plants, bait stands, warehouses, public restaurants, public and private markets, stores, and places where wild birds, game quadrupeds, fish, or other aquatic life or any parts therof may be kept and offered for sale, for the purpose of ascertaining whether any laws or regulations under the jurisdiction of the department have been violated...."[3] The laws in other states may grant more or less search and seizure authority. These exceptions granted to game wardens are still considered to fall within the constitutional limits of search and seizure as outlined in the U.S. Constitution."

nuff said?

When i was younger and went to college to become a Warden, i was quizzed, "if a fireman, police officer, ambulance, and game warden all met at the same time at a intersection, who has the right of way?

The answer, as i was then told and probably won't be popular here,.. the Game Warden!

Joey

No, not "Nuff said".

Show state code where it allows a search of any kind without PC, permission or a warrant.

You show me that then... Nuff said

>No, not "Nuff said".
>
>
>Show state code where it allows
>a search of any kind
>without PC, permission or a
>warrant.
>
>
>You show me that then... Nuff
>said

What does PC mean?

well that's one way of keeping your wife from asking why you smell like fish when you come home late!!!

Thanks tailchasers. I think you're right.

This scenario happens every day out on the ocean where I fish.

You pull into the boat ramp and a warden asks if you've been fishing? If you say "yes", you have just given the warden "probable cause" to check your license, check your gear, climb aboard your boat and search all your hatches, and all the hidden cubby holes.

If you go fishing three days in a row and catch a limit every day, you have just given the warden probable cause to come to your residence and check for over possession limit. I don't know if a warrant is needed or not. If it is needed it sure is not an issue.

I have no idea the laws involved or the F&G codes, but if you would like to come here and challenge it, be my guest.

A guy I know went crabbing two days in a row and caught a limit of 10 crabs both days. The possession limit is 10. The warden followed him home the second day and found 10 crabs in his refer. He was cited for over possession limit.

Now, to be clear, I don't know if he was served a warrant to search his house or not, but I know he did not give consent.

Eel

Here's the Deal!

When the Warden Shows up wantin to peak in your Freezer!

You can tell them No!

They'll crawl back in their Truck & get a Search Warrant right off there Phone/Puter!

I always mark a package of Steaks with the Year 1979/DWR!

That way when they check my Freezer,they see the 1979/DWR & Ask WTH is this?

I tell em,well if you had been doing your Job you coulda ate these when they were Fresh!:D

I'm with Sage, but since this is NM the a$$wipe will have charges dropped to make up for court negligence most likely.
Most of the NMG&F folks are real good at their job. Investigating and catching, considering most cover thousands of sq.miles.Getting solid evidence and all the bases covered,it is real had for them to get convictions here. It's the courts/judges that screw up and lets these miscreants walk.

And depending on which state wardens do have way more leaway on probable cause than other LEO's. I know,I worked with alot, many years.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-14 AT 10:10PM (MST)[p]Travis, What State? Utah? As i said and what i put up says, every State is different but many if not most are the same as described above. Then there are Federal Wardens too! If you want to demand a Warrant from a Federal Warden or any Warden who wants to check your freezer, good luck!

Why not let him in? What have you to hide? Why is it so bothersome to you?

Wardens have Tons of authority. Why this was granted, i'm not sure. This post and every post here is not always about Utah.

Edit: Are there any Wardens here reading or that could be called by a buddy, to come on here and answer this issue? How it is in their State and what they know of other states as well? Thanks.

Joey

I know in Wyoming a game warden has more rights then a cop/sheriff. Basically they can do whatever they want.

I do think its bull crap when they kicked down a mans front door based on someones "WORD". Now that is pushing it. When I was working in Yellowstone park last winter doing some electrical work I seen 2 wardens drive 60 miles from their range and was checking the job out. I stopped and thanked them for wasting OUR MONEY.

But hey there is also some good ones out there to.

We were discussing this very topic awhile back on the kayak fishing site. A warden searched a guy's car, so the question came up. This court ruling got posted and explains it pretty well.

THE PEOPLE, Plaintiff and Appellant, v. BOUHN MAIKHIO, Defendant and Respondent.

S180289

Decided: June 20, 2011

To protect and preserve the wildlife of the state for current and future generations, California ? like other states ? has adopted numerous statutes and regulations governing the conduct of persons who fish or hunt in this state, prescribing, for example, the places where fishing or hunting may occur, the seasons in which particular species may be taken, the number and size of different types of fish or animals that may be caught or shot, the means by which particular types of wildlife may be taken, and the licenses, permits, and records required for different fishing and hunting activities.   To make possible the effective enforcement of these regulations, California law has long required anyone who chooses to fish or hunt in this state to exhibit or display, upon demand of any official authorized by California law to enforce the fish and game statutes and regulations (1) any required fishing or hunting license, (2) all fish or game the angler or hunter has caught or taken, and (3) any equipment capable of being used to take such fish or game.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-supreme-court/1571450.html

Eel

>LAST EDITED ON May-17-14
>AT 10:10?PM (MST)

>
>Travis, What State? Utah? As i
>said and what i put
>up says, every State is
>different but many if not
>most are the same as
>described above. Then there are
>Federal Wardens too! If you
>want to demand a Warrant
>from a Federal Warden or
>any Warden who wants to
>check your freezer, good luck!
>
>
>Why not let him in? What
>have you to hide? Why
>is it so bothersome to
>you?
>
>Wardens have Tons of authority. Why
>this was granted, i'm not
>sure. This post and every
>post here is not always
>about Utah.
>
>Edit: Are there any Wardens here
>reading or that could be
>called by a buddy, to
>come on here and answer
>this issue? How it is
>in their State and what
>they know of other states
>as well? Thanks.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

I asked you to show the state statute...any state.... Wherein the crap you are talking out of your butt (again) is coming from.

You cannot do so because you "know" the law but have knowledge of very little.

So as to not belabor the furtherance of this thread, before you begin to rant and rave, just post the state statute of any state wherein it gives the fish and game officers probable cause to do a search either warrentless or without permission.

What a punk you are Travis! Real nice comments there guy.

I'm not going to debate law with you. I don't know "your" law, never said i did, nor do give a fig. Some reading for you. This backs up my statements, maybe not your questions but at this point, i don't care.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-419736.html

Joey

Say what you will Travis is right. GW's are just another peace officer. No more or no less, as far as searches go. No special authority regardless of the state. They are still required to follow the same 4th Amendment rules as any other. Searches for a person residence requires more significant evidence than a vehicle or boat while in the act of pursuing game or fish. Don't misinterpret the statues. They all follow the same search and seizure case law.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom