trophy mtn colorado

J

jimmyt

a friend of mine is thinking about booking a elk hunt with them this year anybody have any info on them good or bad thanx jim

First off I wouldn't let your friend call it a "hunt." Shooting an animal in a pen is just that shooting, just like a piece of paper at the range. I'm pretty sure there a number of true hunters on this site that feel the same way.

Agreed scottr in my opinion its fair chase or nothing. High fenced "hunting preserves" are not hunting and I don't know how any one could feel good about themselves after paying money to shoot a caged animal.

I think it depends and I will probably get bashed for this comment but I don't have a problem with high fence hunting operations becasue the guys that are using them are still hunters and don't have a problem with killing animals and they are not a threat to our hunting, bearing arms community, I think its not as sporting as fair chase and I would never go hunt a high fence place but I don't see the antomosity toward the guys that do like some of you on here. I respect your opinion but really does it affect you, the animals they are killing are bought and sold just like livestock so I don't really see a problem if the owners of these animals sell them as an experience to someone who might not ever get a chance to go kill a elk, and thats all these high fence places are providing is a service to them they are not expecting a true hard core hunter to ever step through their door and want to kill one of their animals.

thanx for the info my friend is 73 and was telling me about the hunt i figured i would try and get some info for him thanx

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom