Trophy hunting on hold-3 grandkids ready to hunt this year

Blank

Long Time Member
I'm really looking forward to hunting season this year, as much as any I have ever done. I have two grand-daughters and a grandson who all want to hunt with Papa this year! Should be an exciting season, and my trophies will be smiles and pictures.

Better stock up on 22LR's as I think we will be burning up the range all summer. Hopefully, they will be up to 270 and 7mm Mag rifles by July or August.

Thinking that forest grouse, then anterless deer and elk will be a pretty full plate for 12 year olds. :)

There are not better trophies in life than those kinds of expeiences. I forsee a lot of "trophy" photos of the grandkids successes adorning your trophy room!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Blank, keep the story going by posting pics of the kids during the pre-season as well as the hunting season. Then we can live the expericence with you.

Joe E Sikora

Always enjoy your post/threats. Looking forward to seeing
some great pic's this fall. Kids never forget hunting experiences
with their families.

best of luck. cant wait till my kids can hunt.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Blank,

In the basement family room, we have antlers on the wall, a pool table and similar.....but the stuff is the "adventure wall". It's full of pictures of family and friends doing things like camping, fishing, hunting, rafting.......adventure. Those really are the best trophies.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Sounds like you might need some help 'guiding' on pine chickens. I'll volunteer!! I'm cheap, too, might do it for a shake at the drive-in at Swan Valley.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-10 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]Glad you all understand the important things in life aren't "things". Really looking forward to this Fall! Will keep everyone posted as we go along.

Hey gorgeous, here's your bribe! Complimentary coupon - redeemable for one maple-nut square ice cream cone or shake of your choice. YUM!

BTW - GateGopher and the 3 friends with oryx tags got stopped in Colorado by CHP. Wanted to know where they were headed in such a hurry (75 in 65). When learned the were going to NM hunting, the LEO showed them his 28" 6x6 for 15 minutes and sent them off with a warning. Hunting community sometimes pulls together.

You should get them into bowhunting. I started hunting last year at the age of 12 and bowhunting is much more fulfilling. Knowing that you have the skills to get that close to an animal is amazing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom