trophy bonded bear claw vs trophy bonded tip?

E

Elkanddeer98

My whole family has used trophy bonded bear claws for many years and have always had amazing success. I have shot 2 deer with them, my dad has shot several elk and deer, as well as my uncle. Do the trophy bonded tips work as well as the trophy bonded bear claws? They are supposed to be improved but I don't know what you could improve from an already amazing bullet. Just looking for your opinion on the trophy bonded tip.

I have shot two deer (both mature bucks) two elk one mature 9 1/2 year old bull and a cow and one bear with the tipped and they have all performed flawlessly. I shot all with a 300rum I chose those bullets because of the grouping I was getting with factory ammo. Decent BC and SD.

I have been shooting them for a few years and really like them. I have shot moose, bison, many bull and cow elk, many muley's and even a coyote.
They have performed great for me every time out of my 300wsm. From close as 27 yards on a bull all the way out to 550 yards on the moose. Large animals like bulls and moose the bullet generally ends up against the hide on exit side. Deer goes right through but doesn't "blow" up the animal with huge destruction to meat. I Have busted shoulders and rib cage hits. Happy every time
I shoot 165 grain for every species I hunt, that way I know where my bullet is hitting every time I shoot.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I haven't tried them yet, but I would love to find a bullet that opens up a bit more reliably than the Bear Claw at lower (30-06) velocities. Love the penetration of the Bear Claw on a departing animal, but the only two deer I nearly lost were shot broadside with the BC, and the bullets hardly opened. If I were a magnum fan, that would be all I would shoot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom