TRISTATE

I know its a beautiful day outside. I wish I didn't have to work. Hopefully you can go enjoy it though.

We have a very wide ranging rut in Texas. Do you know which region in the state you would like to hunt and are we talking muleys or whitetail?

Whitetails I’m after, and it’s in Comanche county.I got some land down there and it’s little west of de Leon. Bought it a year ago.

While we’re on the subject, I’m headed to south Texas in a couple days, thinking about going after a javelina, advice?

I haven't hunted comanche personally but i grew up hunting not far from there in Palo pinto. Over there our rut was best right around the 3rd week of November. Hunting around Thanksgiving was usually pretty good.

As for javelina I don't have a lot of experience with them. 25 years ago I used to guide some javelina and hog hunts around George West. There was a lot of them there. I think they flourish around prickly pear patches. I was doing some Predator work years ago near Marfa probably 20 years ago and discovered javelina really hate a Predator call. They come in really pissed off. Maybe try a Predator call for them where you go. Might make for an interesting hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom