Tripods

H

hunter_orange13

I have a cheap spotting scope that I just bought. It included a tabletop tripod, but I do not like using it in the hills. Any suggestions for a new tripd? I do not want something that I have to stand up to look out of, but tall enough that its uncomfortable looking out of. Will all tripods work with every scope? Lightweight and cheap are a must! Thanks!

If lightweight and cheap are your top priorities, go to WalMart's photo section and check them out. They are really not that bad. I have been using a WallyWorld tripod for 10 years now and its holding up fine. The height is adjustable so it can fit many scenarios.

Screw thread

The de facto standard threading for the screw that attaches the camera to the tripod is 1/4"-20tpi (threads per inch) Whitworth for smaller cameras or 3/8"-16tpi Whitworth for larger cameras and pan/tilt heads. 1/4"-20 UNC and 3/8"-16 UNC screw threads are generally close enough to work when Whitworth screw forms are unavailable.

Most spot scopes and binocular adapters that I am aware of use the 1/4"-20 thread.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom