Tripod Question

Hawkeye

Long Time Member
I recently purchased a Vortex Nomad spotting scope and I am very pleased with the quality for the price. I am now in the market for a new tripod. I would like to get something light enough to throw in the pack but sturdy enough to provide a steady base for my scope. One other wrinkle, I am 6'5" and so I prefer a tripod that is fairly tall. If possible, I would like to spend around $100. Please share your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Hawkeye

Hawkeye,

I just purchased a Vortex Highcountry Tripod that is lightweight and a great option for packing around with your Nomad. I hiked several miles with it the other day and am impressed with it. Rock solid and lightweight.

Height Minimum 14.8 inches
Height Maximum 53.8 inches
Maximum Load 5 pounds
Folded Height 18.8 inches
Folded Width 3.5 inches
Leg Sections 5
Multiple Leg Angles Yes
Weight 2.1 pounds

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

I just ordered the same tripod myself after seeing it at the Elk Camp in Reno.

After having the lightweight Nikon tripod break in the field last summer scouting, I am looking forward to something better.

Ed

47e920d17ec7ddd7.jpg

Slik makes an aluminum tripod (Sprint pro) that is light and goes up pretty high for just under $100.00. It's just not going to be as sturdy as you might like. For $219.00 you can get yourself a Slik Carbon Fiber 713 that will be the last tripod you'll ever buy. Check them both out at B&H photo online.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom