Tripod Heads

jims

Long Time Member
What tripod heads do you guys use with good results? There are a few photography heads that look tempting but they want about $300 for the better ones. They have a separate pan head which would be great for video. I'd like to stick to close to 1 lb max if possible.

I went through a long search last year and ended up with a Jim White pan head and I purchased Slik 330 DX legs. I really liked the set up. The Jim White head was expensive but worth it IMO.
Mike-TN

The Bogen 3160 used on ebay for under $50 can't be beat at twice the price. I believe the head is just over 1 pound and is a true fluid head. The head that redrabbit mentions replaced the 3160. Put the 3160 on top of a Slik Carbon Fiber 713 and you have yourself the ultimate glassing setup. B and H photo carries the Slik 713 for around $225.

The 701rc2 is the step up from the 700. I have both and love the 701. The problem is they discontinued it and replaced it with the 701HDV so now the only option is finding one used. The other head I have is the Jim White. If you plan to use the head for only optics then I would go with the Jim White as its real nice and light weight. If you plan to use the head to film with a bigger camera then I would go with the 701rc2.
Hope that helps.
Jeremy
www.sagebrushhunts.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom