tripod adapter for binos

orion23

Very Active Member
I have swaro EL's. Id like to get a tripod adapter. My question is, does anyone know if i have to buy the swaro adapter or will any and all adapters work from all makers? Swaro adapters are so much more. Is it the name or quality? Anyone look into this before?

thanks.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I love to mount binos on a tripod... then you can really find the critters! The Outdoorsman in Phx, AZ sell them as well as Jim White (Unidaptor) in Northern AZ can help you. They also have some cool tripods. Check them out. NJS

I cannot find a better tripod adaptor set up than The Outdoorsmans rig and believe me I have looked. Call Terry or Tom and they will take care of you.

Tripod, head, adaptor. The Outdoorsmans. Period.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

>I cannot find a better tripod
>adaptor set up than The
>Outdoorsmans rig and believe me
>I have looked. Call
>Terry or Tom and they
>will take care of you.
>
>
>Tripod, head, adaptor. The Outdoorsmans.
> Period.
>
>Wade
>www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

this the the setup where you send them your binos, they drill it out and then use their adaptor? that is about the same price as the swaro el adaptor isnt it?

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Adaptor screw? I don't know whay that is. Give me a little bit and I will do a quick piece on my site with some pics.

Depending on what binos you have, I think you can do it yourself but Tom or Terry can tell you for sure.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I got the tripod adapter from the Outdoorsman & got studs for my 15 Swaro's & 10 x42 Leicas.The studs stay on the binos ALL the time & now either set can be tripod mounted.It has a saftey system that keeps the adapter from coming off the stud.The factory Swaro adapter was alot bigger & the clamp system could let your binos come loose.Gave it away after getting the other setup.Best I've found for size,ease of use & keeping glass safe!
David

Orion23

Check my site. It is the most recent article. Sorry it took a little longer than I thought it would but what else is new. So much for shorter, sweeter articles.

Hope that helps. You are not the only one looking for answers in that department. I get a lot of mail on the subject.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

For those looking at the K&K adaptor - check out Sage Creek Outfitters. They have it for about $12.00 cheaper than Schnees.

I guess if price is paramount the K&K adapter is one way to go. However, you have to take the adapter apart to remove it from glasses like the ELS, you lose width ajustability and the sandwich mechanism tends to spread the glasses out. I think the Sure-Loc bar is better for that kind of application.

I don't understand the logic behind spending top dollar on best in class glass and then pinching pennies on inferior tripod mounts.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom