Trip to Utah..where was I?

C

cohntr6

Made a visit for family reunion and to see my dad.
Here is a few pictures
Where was I? ( a few places)
Triple k cant answer!

Cow and calf
4a773d413a16c73b.jpg

4a77395b1d05e255.jpg

4a7739791d98103b.jpg

4a77399a1ee521f2.jpg

4a773a47230f2aac.jpg

A night at the dirt track..that was a first.
4a773adc296767e5.jpg

Freedom isnt without cost. Giving my kids a history lesson.
4a773c2131652ca6.jpg

Had to put this one in. 24th of July parade.
4a773cdd3585a0f7.jpg

NIce ride in southern Utah gas station
4a773dba3db783e3.jpg

The old man witha fatty 15" cut and some of my kids
4a773e2940f9337c.jpg

Same lake
4a773e7f4416e61b.jpg

CAMP
4a7740ac53a61b94.jpg

Different reservoir
4a773f224822d839.jpg

State champion unicyclers! WOW!!
4a773ff04f375e8f.jpg

Jeff

The third and fourth pictures are sheep creek in northeast utah. The fourth picture down, the hole in the rock is actually square. The race track looks like Vernals. Second from last is Red Canyon on the Flaming Gorge. The moose is in the trees, and the black car was at a gas station. Not sure which lake the kids are standing by. Nice fish though, sure is pretty country.

did you by any chance find out where they park those unicycles ??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-09 AT 07:02PM (MST)[p]Last pic is about 98 West Main St in Vernal. 2nd to last is the Gorge. 3 looks like Sheep Creek.

The big lake is definitely Flaming Gorge, the other lake could be one of a half dozen or so up in Norheastern Utah but definitely not Red Fleet nor Steinaker. The parade scenes are downtown Vernal - you were sitting on the northwest corner of Main and 100 West.

The other pics appear to have been identified correctly as well. The car at the gas station looks to be near Moab somewhere.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>did you by any chance find
>out where they park those
>unicycles ??

Now JB... You promised the judge that you would leave the girls unicycles alone after that last episode.

No particular order

Sheep Creek Geo loop.
Browne Lake.
Vernal. Parade/ Vietnam traveling wall replica
Flaming Gorge. Somewhere near Red Canyon overlook
Diamond Mountain Speedway.
Long shot..... Gas Station near Montezuma Creek

Hey! There's my salon where I get my hair done (and where I dropped 700 bucks one day for a little retail therapy).

And that's the State Champion Drill Team from Uintah High. Not really state champ unicyclers. They are famous for their unicycle routine...I'm sure it beats walking the parade route, huh?

Dang,
you all are good!!
The moose were 2 minutes from Spirit lake.
Yes,
The dirt track is Diamond MTN speedway.
Yes,
The geological loop.
Yep, sheep creek lake one evening picture and a couple during the day.
I"ll take your word for it on the corner I was on!
LOL! I only make it to Vernal once a year or so.

Jeff

I know every single one of those girls on the unicycles, and then the memorial wall was at the park here in town.

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

Utah is a sweet place! If UT could only learn to manage the deer herd it would be close to an outdoorsman's paradise. I love the flaming gorge. I spent some great time there with my father last year before he took a turn for the worse so it will always be a special place for me and my brother.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom