tree scratches???

T

tabbyhntr

Anyone know the best way to remove the scratches associated with narrow roads and overgrown oak brush? I've already taken a power buffer and it got rid of most of them, the only surefire way I know of is wetsanding but I'd rather try other polishes before I go that route. Any suggestions? And before you bash me for taking my truck threw terrain like that just know I do baby my truck but I also believe trucks are meant to be used and not garaged they're whole life and only brought out on weekends.

I usually let the next owner worry about them.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-09 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p]I don't know what kind of buffer you are using, but you need to be using a professional buffer with enough RPM's to produce a substantial amount of HEAT. You need a good compound wax and polish. You should be able to get rid of MOST scratches this way. If some are too deep, then yeah, let the next guy worry about them. It may take a lot of heat and wax to smooth them out. But be careful, you can easily go to far and burn your paint / clearcoat.

Just how bad are the scratches on the paint? If it is not into the clear coat or paint that bad, try finding some of this was that a local shop sells.
It is called BLITZ WAX #06-15-12 Made by 2000 One Grand Products, Inc.
It works really good on BLACK paint jobs, as they usually show the swirls in the polishing and it gets rif of them all together. Worth a try if it is not too deep a scratch.
My friend has a 1956 Ford Crown Victory that is Black and he used it and now it looks like it came right out of the factory paint booth, nice and no swirl marks.

Brian

Thanks guys. Ill get a bigger buffer and try to find that polish. Yeah it is black depending on which angle you look at it, sometimes its black, sometimes blue, but usually purple. Good thing is they're not deep, just some big branches. Lol now the plastic on the other hand is a whole other can of worms! Lmao

billy mays was selling this PEN that you just wiped on and wiped of and it worked awsome! in fact they even took this old car from the wrecking yard and made the one area look brand new. and this was right on t.v., where they cant lie or trick you in anyway......

sounds like a whole lot of road huntin went down?
does the size of your utah buck out weigh the dollars worth of scratches you put on your rig?

VJ
49ca8f1a4fbfdf37.jpg

Lol VJ, I'm not a roadhunter, it was just 1 narrow road that was over grown. Technically I'm still hunting and there aren't any roads where I'm hunting. It was a spot I took some family to for there rifle tags and I wore them out by noon by hiking so I took the fun way out! Shouldve seen them cringing and biting there teeth with all the "tree screaching" lmao. BTW guys the scratches all came out. Thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom