Traveling with equipment trailers

nocwalker

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with security traveling with your hunting trailers. Last time out for out Co. muledeer hunt a couple years ago it was kinda nerve racking leaving the trailer in a motel lot while we slept one night fully loaded. Gear sticks out like a sore thumb in a lot, heck worried they might take the whole trailer. Does anyone know of any secured lots or anything like that in the Denver area?

the world is getting crazier all the time.

any thoughts

I'd Take Every Precaution You Can!

When We Were Younger It Woulda Been The Last Thing You'd Of Ever Thought About!

But Not Anymore!

That Type Would Never Screw With You While You're In Your Truck!

But It's A TARGET When You're Not In Your Rig For THIEF'S Knowing You're A Hunter & Have Valuable/Easy To Sell Items!

Be Careful!

And Travel Safe!

Sleep in your truck with your 45 on the dash. That should make them think twice. 😎😎
That is why I really like using an enclosed utility trailer. But you still have to be careful. I heard of a bike racing team that had their enclosed trailer doors ripped off and high dollar bikes stolen. Thief’s get more ballsy every year. Only takes them a few minutes to break in and clear out the high dollar items.

Over two seasons two years ago, my son and I parked our enclosed trailer attached to the truck in the parking lot of the motel in Gunnison Colorado. There were a bunch of other hunters there doing the same thing. We always took our valuables...guns, optics, etc. into the room with us, but everything else was outside and untouched during that period. Maybe I'm just too trusting, but if left in a well lit area, I didn't feel overly concerned.

I put a Motion alarm in my Huntrlr.

It came with 2 sensors, so I put 1 inside my truck shell in case someone broke into it, even though it is stainless steel.

Trust me, it goes off bigtime!!

Like, $50 via A-Prime.

Robb

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

It's completely separate and has its own alarm sound and runs off a couple AA batteries.

I travel a lot, driving/towing during hunting season and scouting season.

I take lil' naps, day or night, when I get tired and drive straight thru.

So, if some A-hole's cut my trlr lock, as soon as the door starts to open the Alarm goes off.

Thankfully, it never has gone off ~~

Robb

It's completely separate and has its own alarm sound and runs off a couple AA batteries.

I travel a lot, driving/towing during hunting season and scouting season.

I take lil' naps, day or night, when I get tired and drive straight thru.

So, if some A-hole's cut my trlr lock, as soon as the door starts to open the Alarm goes off.

Thankfully, it never has gone off ~~

Robb
Damn those handlebars and headlight........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom