Traps?

X

xfilespb

Where is good place to look for maybe used traps that are big? How much would a big trap cost?

How big are you talking? Like turtle big, or sasquatch big?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I don't know but.....

As a kid, I used to trap muskrats and I have my original traps hanging in my cabin next to a couple predator pelts. Looks pretty cool to me.

Zeke

In CA. the large grizzly bear traps run from 350 to 700 dollars. These traps were mostly made in the 1800's when CA. still had numerous grizzly bears. Those bears on the average were larger then the grizzly bears found in the Rocky mountain states.

RELH

Most guys looking for large old Bear traps are looking to cash in on the fact that they are highly collectable and in demand. Those that didn't know that, do now!

Because so, good luck finding one that is for sale reasonable, if wanting just one for decoration or whatever, i would keep a eye on E-Bay, see if one comes up.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

If its just for decoration somebody's gotta b kickin out replicas? But if yer fishin fer suckers try a different pond.

when I was a kid I saw my grandpa's Bear Traps. He told me they bought either 100 Lb traps or 130Lb traps For black bear. I think they were from Diamond Trap and tool company. When they sold the ranch near Big Piney they were never seen again. That was in the 70's. I still have several of his traps that I and my sons still use for smaller stuff. I did see Extra large wolf traps in a montgomery catalog a few years ago. BTW Grandpa told me when they set the traps they drove the truck onto the springs one at a time and set a safety or wired it until they set the dog. He said your thumbs will last longer if you use the safeties.

A very good friend of mine is a SERIOUS trap collector.
He has the largest collection of Newhouse traps that I know of, multiple big bear traps, #6's, #15's, #5's, #50's tons of wolf/lion #14's, 4 1/2's #4's, you name it he has it, if you have the cash he has it or can tell you where to get it.
He moved to Belgrade Montana a few years ago.
Those big bear traps will run well over a grand and the #6 up to around 4 grand depending on condition.

You can pick up reproductions much cheaper if you want it for d?cor purposes.

>A very good friend of mine
>is a SERIOUS trap collector.
>
>He has the largest collection of
>Newhouse traps that I know
>of, multiple big bear traps,
>#6's, #15's, #5's, #50's tons
>of wolf/lion #14's, 4 1/2's
>#4's, you name it he
>has it, if you have
>the cash he has it
>or can tell you where
>to get it.
>He moved to Belgrade Montana a
>few years ago.
>Those big bear traps will run
>well over a grand and
>the #6 up to around
>4 grand depending on condition.
>
>
>You can pick up reproductions much
>cheaper if you want it
>for d?cor purposes.

What are they worth if kilo's buddy puts them on a polish wheel? lol.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>>A very good friend of mine
>>is a SERIOUS trap collector.
>>
>>He has the largest collection of
>>Newhouse traps that I know
>>of, multiple big bear traps,
>>#6's, #15's, #5's, #50's tons
>>of wolf/lion #14's, 4 1/2's
>>#4's, you name it he
>>has it, if you have
>>the cash he has it
>>or can tell you where
>>to get it.
>>He moved to Belgrade Montana a
>>few years ago.
>>Those big bear traps will run
>>well over a grand and
>>the #6 up to around
>>4 grand depending on condition.
>>
>>
>>You can pick up reproductions much
>>cheaper if you want it
>>for d?cor purposes.
>
>
>What are they worth if kilo's
>buddy puts them on a
>polish wheel? lol.
>
>
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

About the same as a WINCHESTER axe head.....not much.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom