Trap stakes

Deerlove

Long Time Member
What do you recomend for some trap stakes? I bought some traps but need to secure them to the ground. Also what good coyote bait?

I use old meat...turkey carcass, chicken carcass. Works like a charm.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

You should ask Overton. I understand he is a very proficient master baiter.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 05:38PM (MST)[p]for stakes i use some thick sucker rod from the oil field. or re-bar works to but use long ones and hammer them in an x formation....

I use 1/2" rebar cut 22" long. They are easy to make and pretty inexpensive. If you have a welder just weld a nut or washer on one end. If you don't have a welder you can get a nut big enough to slip on one end of the rebar and then just beat it with a sledge until it is tight on the rebar. I have had real good luck with these. I always use a swivel next to the stake, usually it is on the end of the chain and I run the stake through the swivel and the drive it into the ground.

Here is a good web site for trapping info.

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/1/page/1

I use to buy old,sick,crippled close to dead sheep at the sale barn for a few bucks each,I would load them in the horse trailer take them where I want to trap. Unload them one here and one there and shot them and them use them as bait, Works pretty good. Used re-bar with a washer welded on the top to stake my traps. I use to gang set using a 4 trap setup sometime would end up with a pair of dog waiting for me. Good Luck hope you catch a few.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

A good cordless Drill with a 3/4" bit is nice too for getting those holes started for the rebar, you will love it if the ground is frozen. Big hammer and a prybar too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom