Trailor towing!

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I'm looking for input on how people tow a small 2 wheeled trailor(Quad on it) when the roads are slick as snot. It seems as though every year I tow my trailor (regular nearly new trailor tires) the mud get all stuck up under the wheels wells and seems to be stuck on the tires as well. This causes me to drag the trailor instead of tow it and I slide all over the road. It plays havoc to back it up. Is there a certain tire I need for my trailor? I was going to buy mud tires for my 4x4 truck to try and compensate but that doesn't seem to be the answer. I have BF Goodrich AT's on my truck now. Any suggestions?

More than a 1/4" of clearance between the Tires & the Wheel wells will Help!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

same happened last time in N.M. after a rain.Mud stuck to tires and then built up ... problem solved later ? Turn springs over and/or put a lift block on axle.Not an issue again ... Bruce & SilverGrand

Flip the axle and get more clearance. WE do it all the time for toybox's/5th wheel trailers for the lifted trucks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>
>
>trailEr...
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

The only reason I opened this post is to see how long it would take for somebody to point this out . #3 LOL.

Sounds like either to much trailer weight, week springs, or someone installed the fenders in low. You could make the fenders detachable.

Get a bigger trailer ? They back up easier then those little singles and you can take friend.

I've run into that a couple times on my smallest trailer. An area in AZ has the stickiest dang mud in the world.

I've been using tire chains on the trailer and it really helps clean the mud off and keeps the trailer tracking correctly..

Zeke

Thanks for the serious answers. I looked at the trailEr under carriage again and noticed that the springs were attached below the axel and seems that I can move it to the top and gain a few inches. I haven't checked if my trailer ramps will be long enough. I will have to jack up the trailer a few inches to see if the ramps will work. A friend at work talked about a "mud brush" that attached to the trailer and would brush the mud off as you were driving. Anyone heard of that?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom