trail cams

T

tnuge23

looking to upgrade to a better trail cam. i have a moultrie right now just a cheaper one, and can never seem to get very good pics. always get the back end of an animal or just a blank pic with nothing in it. any thoughts on what kind to get?

I just picked up the Moultrie M-80. I have yet to put it in the field. It also seems a little slower than I wanted, but I think it will work for what I am using it for. I hope to have it out in a week. There will be pictures on my website at

www.dillonhoyt.com

A lot of people really like the Trophy Cam by Bushnell. But they run $140 on the cheap end, the better ones are around $200.

I have three of the Spypoint IR-8 I picked up on camofire.com and I am planning on setting them next week If the snow melts, you should check them out they have some great features like 8 Megapixels + a 2.4" built in viewing screen.

I use the bushnell trophy cam, and couldn't be happier! A couple other great brands are Spypoint and Covert. Moultrie also came out with a mini camera that looks alot like the bushnell.

Thanks for the info guys. i will be sure and check those out, looks like there is a bunch of good brands out there it could be a tough choice. hopefully ill be posting some pics throughout the summer!

Get used to the blank pics.I think some of these are birds flying by,but many are caused by wind moving the brush.Perhaps where the camera is situated could be why you are getting a$$ pics.I'm not as concerned with picture quality as I am with price.The cheaper the better,IMO.Leaving them out on public land leaves them vulnerable to society's bottom-feeders.Haven't had one stolen yet(in Wy),but I'm sure it will happen at some point.

I have two Scoutguard cameras and they are really excellent products. You can check out all cameras and how they rate at Trailcampro. They have great security with a double lock capability, as well as screwing them to a tree from inside the security box. They take pictures or video and the batteries last just about all season. They have a plug in color viewer if you that's included. I just swap cards and view them at home. Love them, great product. Check it out. Do your homework.

http://www.trailcampro.com/

Most cameras work great, it is all about the "set up." I wouldn't spend the big bucks just learn how to set them up (position) them. That is the biggest secret.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom