Trail camera questions

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I got a Wildgame Innovations Wraith Lightsout trail camera for Father's Day. I've never owned a trail camera or even looked at one close up before and I'm trying to get it set up per the included instructions. I got the batteries and the SD card installed. I got the time and date set. I chose the "photo" option (as opposed to the "video" option.) I set the "Exposure" option to HI (as opposed to MED or LO). Then I set the "Delay" on 15s as opposed to 30s or 1m. After all that I turned it off with the power button.

What does "Exposure" mean? Photo quality?

What does "Delay" mean?

I got it shut off (I think). The next step is to mount it somewhere pointed in the right direction, then just turn it on and walk away? Then come back at some point and turn it off and pull the card and take it to my computer? I don't do the smart phone thing.

Can I turn it off during the day and turn it back on at night and it will work okay that way? I don't need 100 photos of me working in the garden.

I know there are 100 trail cam experts here.

the delay is time between pics.....very annoying to have it set too low....if a bear spends an hour in front of the camera....you'll have A LOT of boring pics

Exposure sounds like resolution. Most also have sensitivity settings, and I use “lo” so I don’t get so many wind pics.

The delay should be the time between triggers in a burst mode or to the next shot. I like mine shorter because the pics of tracks aren’t as interesting. I actually have a series where I got the grass smashed down by a bear that just walked thru. Duh.

You can always practice on your neighbors. Have fun :)

I got a Wildgame Innovations Wraith Lightsout trail camera for Father's Day. I've never owned a trail camera or even looked at one close up before and I'm trying to get it set up per the included instructions. I got the batteries and the SD card installed. I got the time and date set. I chose the "photo" option (as opposed to the "video" option.) I set the "Exposure" option to HI (as opposed to MED or LO). Then I set the "Delay" on 15s as opposed to 30s or 1m. After all that I turned it off with the power button.

What does "Exposure" mean? Photo quality?

What does "Delay" mean?

I got it shut off (I think). The next step is to mount it somewhere pointed in the right direction, then just turn it on and walk away? Then come back at some point and turn it off and pull the card and take it to my computer? I don't do the smart phone thing.

Can I turn it off during the day and turn it back on at night and it will work okay that way? I don't need 100 photos of me working in the garden.

I know there are 100 trail cam experts here.
Don't want any nude photos of yourself working in the garden, eh?

I get it.

What kind of garden is it?

Screenshot_20220707-185326_Chrome~2.jpg

Eel asked me to post this pic of his yard for bluehair.

From what I've heard, some do and some don't. I grew a few plants a couple years ago and they never bothered them. They probably thought a skunk sprayed them. :)
The plants were not for me. I gave them away. I just grew them for the experience. Tomatoes are harder to grow than marijuana.

Eel that second buck is a good shooter. He will supply a lot of good dinners. Are you sure he is not feeding on your garden. He is well filled out for a coastal blacktail. Good weight on him.
RELH
Eel plant some mary jane for bait. I got it from growers that Blacktail just love to eat it.

Hey RELH!

I Don't Really Think You Have To Tell Eel That!:D

Eel that second buck is a good shooter. He will supply a lot of good dinners. Are you sure he is not feeding on your garden. He is well filled out for a coastal blacktail. Good weight on him.
RELH
Eel plant some mary jane for bait. I got it from growers that Blacktail just love to eat it.

Shoot both of them, there is your winter supply of meat for you and the Mrs. Better then paying $15.00 per pound for rib eye beef steak!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom