TRAIL CAM BOX AND PICS

T

TINEBROTHER

I just made some boxes for my trail cams. They should keep the honest guy from stealing them anyway. Totally enclosed in steel and have a chain and lock... ductape camo for the cover. Just got my first few pictures back. This is my first time trying out this fancy new technology. PLEASE POST SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE TRAIL CAM PICS... as I am now addicted and like seeing what shows up :)
4866img_20110629_212626.jpg

8012img_20110629_212812.jpg

9267img_20110629_214801.jpg

2693pict0010.jpg

7563pict0208.jpg

Its a hellofa note when you have to start putting your cams inside a safe just to use them.

TINEBROTHER, nice job on the box, I like it. But like Moondog mentioned it sure is a shame that we have to lock them up in a safe. I have a trail camera out right now. I hiked in a little over a half Mile in a road less area, found a great trail and set it up. It's been 3 weeks and I will be going to retrieve it this Saturday. I have been wondering if it's still going to be there when I go to get it. Im anxious to see if I will have any pictures. I'll post them if I have some good ones. If you don't mind I may use your idea and make a box for myself.

GBA

I just bought a box yesterday for mine. It was $35.00 +shipping. I bet yours was a lot cheaper to make. Like what you mentioned, it won't stop everyone but hopefully it does the job.
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

Guys;
I have been running cameras for about 7 years.

I have bushnell trophy cams and camloc boxes.

Last year I lost 18 cameras!

I have started using the Python cable lock.

Just a suggestion.

Steve

18 cameras!?!! There has got to be a way to catch the thief?s. Steve, did you look on e-bay to see if they are being sold cheap? Well this doesn't give me any warm fuzzy?s that my camera will be there then. Good thing is I didn't put it on or near a water source so I may just be lucky enough no-one has discovered it.

GBA

Last year I had 2 Cuddsback cameras in lock box's stolen and python cables . What I've learned is there is some chump out there on the Strip specifically targeting cameras . It doesnt matter whether you have a lock bow and cables on your camera , they are going to be taken . one of my cuddback lock box's I found w/n 50 ft of where I had it placed , wedged and cut open , whomever the hell it is is after the SD Cards w/ stored info. I've got an electronic engineer working on something to where it may help catch theives .

I spent $32 on my box. Then I put it on the tree with 3 lags, and I have a padlock that bolt cutters can not get into. It is sad you have to put $50 around a camera to protect it when it is only a $120 camera.

I am still waiting on my SD card, hopefully my bucks are back.

Dillon

www.dillonhoyt.com

Guys;

As I mentioned before, I NEVER had a problem , until last year.

I am not sure what has happened to cause so much theft.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-11 AT 12:35PM (MST)[p]That's too damn bad.

The whole concept of stealing from someone else is so foreign to me that I find it mind-boggling!
What the heck is going through someones mind to do that.

I might take a look at their setup but would NEVER touch it! Public land or private, it would matter not.

Zeke

Oh, cool box Tinebrother! Sorry things have come to that!

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE PYTHON CABLES!!! They are easier to cut through than a chain! All a guy has to have is a leatherman and say goodbye to your camera! This happened to a good friend of mine. He had two cameras set up on two different trees in the same spot, and the one with the chains was still there when he went to check them. His lock box was mangled pretty bad, but the guy didn't get his camera!

Randall Limb
Limb Creek Outdoors
www.limbcreek.com
www.facebook.com/limbcreekoutdoors

Yes that is chitty when a guy has to spend nearly as much as a camera costs to be able to put it up, then only feel semi comfortable that it will be there when you get back. A buddy of mine lost two and we bought more to do a set up. Caught a guy taking one of the new ones. We set up the one on water close to a trail near the others he lost. Then "strategically" placed the second on the first and he was busted. Typically they are lookin in one area to find cams. That leaves the placement of others wide open. And if you happen to be the thief and are on this site.... watch your back!

I try to use stainless steel on everything... have you ever tried to cut through it with a hack saw? doesn't work so well. I got chain big enough that bolt cutters aren't an option. it will be interesting if my cameras ever get stolen. :p

Place a bear trap at the base of the tree you put your camera on...busted thief!

Traditional >>>------->

I have pointed this out before, you have to put a cam down the trail just to take pictures of people traveling up and down the trails you have cam setup on, it wouldn't take long to see who has been taking your camera's. Then hunting takes on a new meaning, now you two legged prey that thinks kind like you now, NOW you have to track him down and get your stuff back along with everyone else stuff.

Places like the Strip you have to photo the roads to and from the waterholes.Pictures of truck will be a good starting point. That will give you a few trucks to find and track down now Then you have to see who owns them But it a start on getting rid of a problem.

But I hear if the cams are left for more then 48 hrs they are free game, That just don't seem right, Does that mean I can take your truck if your not back at the trailhead in time. Property is property right shouldn't matter if it big or small.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I plan on buying a few of these signs to put up on trees in the areas where I hang my cameras.
26051247503996bear-trap-sign-2.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

THERE WAS SOMEONE WHOM FREQUENTS OUT TO THE ARIZONA STRIP OFTEN , WHO INFORMED TWICE THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO PLACE A TRAIL CAMERA ANYWHERE AND IF THERE FOR A PERIOD OF 24 HRS IS WILL BE CONFISCATED AND IF THEY FIND OUT YOU PLACED THE CAMERA THERE, YOU RECEIVE A $500.00 FINE . THIS INDIVIDUAL (WHOM IS ON THIS SITE) I CALLED HIS BLUFF . HE DIDN'T KNOW THAT I VENTURE OUT AND RIDE ALONG W/ LUKE THOMPSON (UNIT MANAGER) EVER SO OFTEN . THERE ARE NO LAWS REGARDING TRAIL CAMERAS . THE WILDLIFE MANAGERS ARE TRYING TO CRACK DOWN ON THE THIEVES OUT ON THE STRIP . THEY HAVE PLACED SOME DECOY CAMERAS ON SOME WATER DEVELOPMENT SITES . I AS WELL HAVE PLACED A FEW WELL HIDEN CAMERAS SCANNING MY OTHER CAMERAS . THE NEW BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM HAS GOT A TIMING FIELD SCANNER . I HOPE WE CATCH THESE CAMERA THIEVES . IF OR WHEN I DO , I WILL PASTE HIS THIEVING FACE EVERYWHERE .

Good I hope you catch the SOB.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>I HOPE WE
>CATCH THESE CAMERA THIEVES .
>IF OR WHEN I DO
>, I WILL PASTE HIS
>THIEVING FACE EVERYWHERE .

Actually, I would paste two pics, , , one before the "Tune-up",
and one after.

Like someone said earlier to the thieves that are doing this, "watch your back".

Elkchaser

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom