Trade or keep?

slamdunk

I'm trying to decide if i want to keep an old Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 magnum in excellent condition that was given to me from my stepfather when he passed away, or trade it for a revolver i really want.....a Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull.
I actually dislike the Ruger as badly as i did my stepfather, but's still sentimental, i'll never shoot it.
It appears the dollar value between the two are very close.
Should i or shouldn't i???

You can give me the Ruger and I won't make fun of you and Smelly-Nuts for at least a month. My inlaws live in I.F. so it would be an easy transaction!

Ruger for a Taurus??? That will definatley have your stepfather rollin in his grave. I took a chance on Taurus a couple years ago and could'nt get rid of it fast enough.... My buddy has the exact gun you're lookin at and they could'nt even get the f-ing barrel timed right out of the factory.

I would keep the Ruger. That gun is built like a tank and will handle those "Ruger Only" 44 mag loads. It will also keep it's resale value better then the Taurus will.

RELH

Thought you already had a Raging Bull PUNK?

Maybe it was one of your Buddies,can't remember?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

as soon as you get rid of the .44 you will wish you would of kept it. keep it and save for the other gun. win/win

Here's what I'd do PUNK!

I also want a 454 CASULL!

Not the Taurus though!

RUGER ALASKAN 2" Barrel 454 Casull/.45!

Hard to find a Brand New one right now though!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

It's a friend of mine that has the Taurus.
He has two 454's, one in the Taurus and the other in the Casull.
That Casull handle is just like my Ruger, it slopes down hard and kicks the hell out of you when you squeeze that trigger. The Taurus's handle angles back like my Colt King Cobra making it a hell of a lot more comfortable to shoot.
I know my Ruger is a great piece but i hate it. It's just a gun that will sit in my safe unused and only bring back negative memories of a man i actually thought about shooting with it. lol

Dump that ruger and get a bigger one. Besides a 44mag is ***** gun now a days.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Dont trade the Ruger for a Raging POS. Put a pachmayr or hogue grip on the Ruger and live happily ever after. If you want the 454, get it in a redhawk.

All that said, my redhawk 454 went down the road..the 45 colt with 325's @ 1300fps will do anything I need, and is a pleasure to shoot..If you dont reload, substitute 44mag for 45colt.

The novelty of the 454 wears off fast...But that just IMO.

I sold my 10 inch Casul .454 w/2x scope and went and bought a Ruger Alaskan 2 inch as it is alot easier to draw and alot easier to carry around all day in Grizzz country bow elk hunting.

I am real accurate with it out to 10-12 feet as I practice shooting at 2 liter Mnt. Dew empties filled with water.

I move and shoot type pracice.

I never have a shell in the barrel bullet so I have to work the action and only have 5 shots.....

If I can't hit a Grizzz coming at me at 12--10--8--6--4 feet.....I guess I will chit my pants before death...

Robb

This is great feedback, thanks guys!
It seems a lot of 454 users like the short barrel. My plan was for longer ranges, so i wanted a longer barrel and a scope.
Maybe i'm off my rocker for wanting the Taurus......my buddy has one and i can shoot that thing all day long, where with the Casul i'm only good for two shots at best! That dang super blackhawk trigger guard and sharply sloped handle are just a horrible combination!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom