Toyota Tundra

H

huntsonora

I am looking for a new truck and am looking at the new 2007 Tundra. Does anybody have any experience with this truck?

I had a 2000 model Tundra that had 48K on the odometer ands I sold it 2 weeks ago for $18,000. That kind of resale value is just amazing and is the reason I am strongly getting another one.

I am also looking at the Chevy/GMC 1/2 tons and a 2007 dodge diesel with the 5.9 cummins. All trucks are in the same price range

Drum

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

I wouldn't pay to much attention to videos made by ford marketing. I have a 00 Tundra w/140k miles on it and have never done anything to it other than changed oil and tires and brake pads, probably not to many ford owners can say that

One of my friends has run Toyota pick ups forever, he's probably had less problems than I have with my Fords and Dodges. still, I'd never buy a rice grinder myself even if I drove light duty pickups.

I own a 00 Tundra with 186K on it and I beat the piss out of it. 25% of those miles are with 4x4 engaged.
Now my 00 Tundra is a half ton truck and even though i tow a 4 horse trailer with it occasionally i should not. Now the new Tundras appear to be built to Tow some real loads.

I also own 2 Aamco Transmissions in S. Cal and almost never see a Tundra let alone Toyotas on a percentage compared to Ford Chevy and Dodge.

Ford Chevy and Dodge I start seeing those Trannys at 60K and I would make a WAG and say that by the time they have 140K on them 75% of those Trannys are out.

The resale value says it all.

The American Automakers have been saying that their quality has improved. They have been giving that same song and dance for the last 15 years and it has not been the case. Only time will tell if the new ones are any better. If really doubt it.

Buy the Tundra you wont regret it.

NM Paul is spot on target! I have a delivery company and I have put 7.2 million miles on Toyota trucks and they are bullet proof. However, the newest Tundras with 5.7 motors did have a early recall on them, I think it was something to do with the throttle bodies. Any Tundra you buy today will have that problem fixed.

I don't like the look of the new Tundra but when I sell my 4-Runner I will be buying one.

Best of luck!

Another thing about Toyotas is that they are the most "American" made truck out ther. More parts are made here and more assembly then any other. If you want to buy "American" buy a Toyota.
Me personally I drive a Chevy. It's a company truck. My kid drives a Ford Bronco.

" Watch these and then decide"

Not sure I would buy a truck based on video made by a competitor. It would have to be a third party test to even affect my decision.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I agree about the video. Now a days it's pretty easy to skew test results in your favor.
I personally am a Ford lover, but my brother has a Toyota. I have driven it off road several times and I am quite impressed with it. I still would not buy one but I would not tell someone not to either.

I have a 2000 F-250 Super Duty V-10
6" lift and 35's.
My truck's odometer reads 182K miles and the only thing i have done to it is both front wheel bearings and ball joints.

I have always been a Ford man, no reason for ME to change! :)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I have a 04 tundra and love it but was thinking about trading it in for the new 5.7.
The only way they look good is lifted.

O ya Dan Henderson is the man. Maybe the only two things we agree on

I guess it all depends on what you are going to use it for. If
I am pulling trailors and large loads, I would go with a diesel.

However, for hunting and general use, its hard to argue with the
success of Toyota.

I used to work in the automotive industry. We were a supplier to
all the major car and truck manufacturers. The strictest with
quality was Toyota.

I have driven and owned Dodge, Toyota, Ford, and Chevy. The only good thing about a Dodge is the diesel motor. Everything else is poor quality.

>I have a 04 tundra and
>love it but was thinking
>about trading it in for
>the new 5.7.
>The only way they look good
>is lifted.
>
>O ya Dan Henderson is the
>man. Maybe the only two
>things we agree on

Did we disagree on something?

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

How do you doctor a video to make one truck nearly rattle itself to pieces? Try browsing some of the Toyota truck forums to see tailgates that are so twisted they wont open anymore, and broken spot welds under the hood. This seems to only apply to the newest batch of Tundra.

Thats funny when you say if you want to buy American buy a Toyota. At the end of the day, where does your money go. Thats right, Japan.

Buy American or go home, IMO.......

I bought a tundra and just had trans burn up a 66k..(for girl friend april 05' "new")and warrenty was over. I paid for it and still tring to get it back from toyota....
I ya I liked listen to the they run for ever deal but I my 06' dodge ram better!!

"""I ya I liked listen to the they run for ever deal but I my 06' dodge ram better!! """"

WHAT ????is that code for something ??

JB

257Tony,
At the end of the day the money goes to the stockholders. Look at who is buying stocks. Japanese, Chinese, and on on buying American stocks and Americans buying their stock and other countries. It's an internation market. I am a working stiff and I would rather see American workers benifit from my purchases regardless of who their boss is.

ok aresejoles..
I said or meant to say was .. yes I heard the "they run forever" story's..however driving both almost everyday I prefer my DODGE to the TOYOTA.
JB why are busting my balls every time I make a typing mistake?
Brian why....oh never mine!
rm

I can't speak for the new Tundra. I have owned several Toyota trucks with the V6 I don't put them to sleep till they hit 500,000 miles on them. I have had one hit a little over 600,000 but she was so rusty ugly that I let her go to someone that wanted a swamp buggy its still going and the kid loves it. I also own a chevy 94 to be exact. I have 160,000 miles on it and I have spent more money on that truck than all of the other toyotas combined. If I didn't need a heavy duty towing truck I wouldn't own that POS.
Driftersifter

Drifter that sounds pretty typical.

If you need a heavy rig to tow a 5th wheel or heavy horse trailer i doubt that even the new Tundra will compete with a Cummins or Ford and Chevy diesels.

There is no doubt in my mind that Toyota is the best value for the money and that is why I buy them.

Of course I want everyone else to keep buying Ford, Chevy, and Dodge or my shops will go out of business.
:)

I've had two of the older Tundras, and I love them. Great trucks. Here's an experiment for you. Look in the paper and check the prices of 5 year old trucks. On a Toyota truck, they just don't depreciate. They stay right up there in value. The others...well, they drop like rocks. If you are ever planning on selling your truck, you'll get your money back with Toyota. Why? Because not a lot of people sell them, they don't have problems, they are reliable, and you can trust them.

I've never had one problem through 2 trucks, and I ride them hard. Toyota trucks are as bullet proof as trucks can get. You will never be sorry you bought a toyota truck. And if worst comes to worst, and you have to sell it, big deal. You get your money back out.

>Drifter that sounds pretty typical.
>
>If you need a heavy rig
>to tow a 5th wheel
>or heavy horse trailer i
>doubt that even the new
>Tundra will compete with a
>Cummins or Ford and Chevy
>diesels.
>
>There is no doubt in my
>mind that Toyota is the
>best value for the money
>and that is why I
>buy them.
>
>Of course I want everyone else
>to keep buying Ford, Chevy,
>and Dodge or my shops
>will go out of business.
>
>:)

How many allisons your shop changed out ???

JB

IMO,

The big 3 have relied way too much on our desire to buy American made vehicles, while ignoring quality & the economy car sector.
Additionally workers that can't get fired (union) & excessive managers have became a recipe for failure. proly why They are getting it handed to them.
At the rate things are going our auto industry is living on borrowed time & that's a tragedy.

Last year ford posted a 12 billion dollar loss ???

Drum
Count another vote for the Toyota if you are not towing heavy loads. We have had two Tundras' so far, current one is an 04.
Love em!!
Later
Foghorn

I own both a Ford 4 door powerstroke and a 2005 Toyota Tundra. They are completely different vehicles. They are both great trucks IMO but serve two different purposes. I have not had one problem with the Tundra. I would definitely buy another and I am a Ford guy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom