toyo tires

desertpointbrian

Very Active Member
are they worth it the cummins needs some new shoes and want to know what you guys think, i have heard good and bad about toyo tires heard the all terrains suck but the mud terrains are descent it would be hard to go with anything other than bf goodrich all terrains what are you guys running how do you like them for mud snow but also highway

Very over rated tire, too soft of rubber and they wear out very fast.
My buddy manages a Big-O and says it's the hottest selling tire they have, but it's all for show.

I'm in a tire dilemna myself.
I have run the BFG's for years on my Super Duty, both mudders and the allterrains. (i switch to mudders during hunts and winter)
Now my problem is they quit making a 16.5 and i have two sets of Weld Racing Typhoons in that size that i can't buy tires for!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I bought a set of all season toyo tires about 3 years ago for the gmc pickup. They were the most expensive tire in the store for that size. After about 25000 miles they were worn out. When I bought new tires again I went in the back and spoke to the guys who do the changing, they all told me the same story. Toyo use to be great, but lately they all wear out really quick. Might be a good idea to talk to the guys in the back first.

I bought the first set of 38.5" Toyo Muds in the state 4 years ago. I am still running that same set on my Powerstroke four years later. I love the tire but man there are pricey. Especially when they first came out. Check around. I love them but would check them all out before I bought them again.

Off the subject- Anyone need a set of Michelins mounted on Ion chromed aluminum 20"s for a Toyota Tundra? I have a set I'd like to sell.

+1 for Treed

The only tire I will buy now is Michelin LTX M/S best tire I have ever spent money on.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

GOOD GAWD!!!

GET SOME REAL TIRES!!!

THERE ARE TWO CHOICES WHEN IT COMES TO A HUNTIN TIRE!!!

#1 MAXXIS BUCKSHOT MUDDERS STUDDED TO THE A$$!!!

#2 MAXXIS BIGHORNS STUDDED TO THE A$$!!!

PLACE STUDS IN THE TIRES 1/8" LONGER THAN RECOMENDED!!!

I LIKE TO CHEW THE $HIT OUT OF SNOW & MUD!!!

YOU MIGHT SAY I LIKE STUDDED TO GIVE MORE PLEASURE!!!

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR WEAR OUT FAST HIGH DOLLAR TOYO WANNA-BE TIRES!!!

I BUY TIRES THAT PERFORM!!!

YOU PUZZIES JUST KEEP BUYING YOUR 'PRETTY BOY' TOYO'S!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I bought two sets of Toyo M55s for my chevy crewcab. The first set wore out very quickly, much quicker than the store manager told me they should, and like a dummy I bought a second set to see if it was something I did wrong. It was something I did wrong, I bought Toyos. I doubt I'll ever buy another set of Toyo tires. They were noisy, didn't steer or track that well and wore out way too fast.

I have Michelins on my truck now, and have about 10,000 miles on them. So far, I'd say they're the best tires I've ever had for any of my pickups.

THE MICHELINS ARE GOOD TIRES!!!

THEY RUN ALOT OF MILES!!!

THEY ARE ROUND & IN DECENT BALANCE!!!

THEY STEER DECENT!!!

BUT THEY AIN'T GOT $HIT FOR TRACTION!!!

I GOTTA HAVE TRACTION!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I have the 37inch toyo muds, there ok, they have worn better for me than the BFG muds, but for the price there are probably better options out there. I dont think I would buy them again.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-08 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]You can prolly get a glowing endorsment from Rampage...in 6 months to a year...

4880029b332d82d1.jpg

The toyo is the best tire I have run on logging roads.We run the 10 ply and have very few flats. Mileage isn't as good as BFG's ,but sure easier to keep air in.

My Toyo mudders have about 35k on them now, they'll go another 10 or so, so about average for a mud tire. I've always been a huge BFG fan but they are even more expensive in my size than than the Toyos....

Toyos are great tires. You just have to be careful on which sizes you purchase. 265 mud terrains last forever but if you buy the 285 mud terrains you will be lucky to get 20,000 miles out of them. The Rubber content is different between sizes. The 315's are great also, just dont buy 285's. I run 265/70/17 Hankook Dynopro M/Ts on my Tacoma in the summer and 265/75/16 ##### Cepek Mountaincat E/T's STUDDED for winter.

Dave

I'm a 10 ply M55 Toyo Man myself but I'm gonna try a set of Bessy's tire advice this year excluding the studs. Better not fail me Bess....I gotta a .50 too!!!

I am way happy with mine.

My Mrs put the Nitro's----similiar in rating--- on her Toy-4 door and they are okay....

Robb

I got a set of 305s its a love hate relationship awesome traction but they wear super fast and are expensive so your call

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

I run Michelin XPS Traction on my truck. This is my 3rd set. They have excellent wear, push 60,000, and you can't beat the construction of the tire. That said they are pricey and the last 30,000 miles don't have the traction as the first 30,000. My cousin sells tires and thinks the 10 ply Toyo is a good tire for the cost, not the best tire, but a good 10 ply choice.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Had Goodyear MTR's 35x12.5 on my old dodge. I cant say enough about em. as long as ya rotate em every 3000-4000 miles the wear was great. i got between 35,000 and 40,000 on each set i had. I did alot of offroad with em and my buddies ran different tires that couldnt compare. Got one flat in all 3 years with the tires and that was a stubborn cactus. Buddies bragged about their tires till they came out with me, mud=amazing traction, sand average, rocks they would not slip at all even at amazing inclines, and snow they kinda sucked cuz well any 12.5 is gonna suck in snow. they will be goin on the new dodge soon as it needs new tires.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

Have the new bfg mudders on mine and I love them. They have a little more road noise than the old mudders but I like them a little better. Only have about 5k on them so far but they have seen some pretty nast stuff. Never had a prob with a bfg.

+ 1 255 m55 toyo on all of my company trucks & love them. Great milage & not 1 flat on five trucks In eight years on construction sights.

kilo!!!

kilo!!!

NOW kilo!!!

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU ROTATED THAT SET OF TIRES 32 FRICKEN TIMES???

YOUR MEMORY FADING kilo???

DID YOU FORGET IT TOOK 3 SETS OF TIRES TO REACH 97,000 MILES???

I'D ORDER ME A SET OF THEM GOODYEARS BUT I HAD A SET JUST LIKE THEM & I ONLY GOT 40,000 MILES OUT OF THEM!!!

YOU (THE MOD!!!) BULLSHIPPIN US A LITTLE???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

kilo!!!
kilo!!!

NOW kilo!!!

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU ROTATED THAT SET OF TIRES 32 FRICKEN TIMES???

YOUR MEMORY FADING kilo???

Ol' Bobcat got the math right! 32 tire rotations in 97,000 miles on one set of tires! That's a bunch of tire rotations Brian!

LMFAO!!!!!

THE ONLY eelgrass WONDERING IF THE NASCAR DRIVERS SHOULD ROTATE THEIR TIRES INSTEAD OF CHANGING THEM???

I am going to try the new BF Goodrich KM2's (mud terrains) buddy's truck has them and there is a good hook up on rock's. sling mud nicely!
seem a just little more noisy but not bad!
the rolling resistance is best out there for pick up tires so fuel economy was the best he ever got from this truck!
rm

DORKS HUH???

BEEN CALLED ALOT OF NAMES BUT NOW A DORK???

COME ON kilo,97,000 MILES ON ONE SET OF TIRES???

I CAN VERLY MATCH THAT COMBINING THE 2 BEST SET OF TIRES I'VE EVER HAD!!!

EVEN SOME OF THE PREMIUM MICHELINS & BIG O TIRES I'VE RUN ON MY WIFES 'GROCERY GETTER' WON'T MATCH YOUR MILEAGE!!!

WHATS THE SECRET kilo???

ARE YOU SAYING THEY CAN BUILD AN AWESOME TIRE WHEN THEY WANT TO???

HAVE YOU EVER HAD ANOTHER SET OF TIRES THAT RUN 97,000 MILES???

WITH TODAYS PRICES I NEED THE TIRES THAT WILL RUN THAT MANY MILES!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Brian, I'm a Dork? Well, at least you and my wife agree on that!

I wasn't questioning your honesty about getting 97,000 miles on a set of tires. It must have been a straight shot from home to work to be able to go that far on one set?

What I thought was funny was picturing you rotating one set of tires 32 times! LOL! No wonder your back isn't so good!

Eel

come on Bessy there's at lease 200,000 miles on that mouth of yours...... there still some that that want to give it a rotation!
wish I could strap it to my axle!(watch out for diesel sized lug nuts! careful how tight or you might get black eyes!)..
could be the best traction I ever had I bet!
rm

HEY JACK-ASS MASTER!!!

YOU'RE ONE SICK & TWISTED BACK DOOR BANDIT!!!

GOOD THING YOU LIVE IN KALI WHERE YOUR FAVORITE ACTIVITIES ARE NOW LEGAL!!!

DID YOU GET NEUTERED YET???

REMEMBER!!!

STUPID PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF SHOULDN'T BREED!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom