Totaled or not?

wyobackcountry

Just wondering if there are any adjusters here in MM land and if my wife's car looks totaled or not? I know the pics don't show all the damage but besides the obvious both front quarter panels are damaged, the rear passenger door is damaged, the radiator mounts are bent, leaking coolant and lots more. What's your thoughts? Everyone's are welcome. Yes it was a deer and I was going about 65 +/-.

676b8bf1.jpg

c439ef02.jpg

Not totaled. That's a pretty routine fix I own a body shop. What year and how many miles?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-12 AT 06:42PM (MST)[p]It's an 09 with 90k. Thanks. While waiting for my insurance to step up I'm just trying to get a feel as to weather or not I should start shopping around.

Edit*. It's a corolla as well.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-12 AT 06:54PM (MST)[p]If you wanted to email me some pictures ill write you an estimate in the morning so you have a good idea what your up against.
Edit. Pictures of all 4 corners of the car and better damage pics

I am going to bet between 6 and 7 grand. It also depends if you want new or used parts. Ron

That is a stand up offer! Thank you! I have photo documentation of all the visible damage as well as a written list of what I could find. Thank you very much, I'll email you.

....and LOL.....whiskeybent is so appropriate for a body and fender man...lmao

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Your Wife gonna loan Her Car out to you again?:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

That TOTOTA will never be the same!

Did you call & say:Honey,I just filled My Tag?

She was actually in the car with me. It's funny, I am a selective (trophy) hunter and haven't killed a buck in 3 years but I said "I guess im done being picky because I just filled my tag". Damn frogger playin' does!
That evening I was headed home from work and just about whacked an elk in my truck, it was close!

>I'm just trying to lend a
>hand d13r. No need to
>be a dink

a dink???...did my post really come accross as a put down of you???...jeezus....grow a funny bone

which part insulted you??

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-12 AT 07:44PM (MST)[p]I'm thinking you might salvage a little jerky above the head light. Other than that why waste money on a POS.

And when I say POS I'm not refering to your wife. I'm sure she is a hottie & worth a new car.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

The neighborhood cats and dogs have cleaned up the edible parts.

"Other than that why waste money on a POS.
Slick". What's that supposed to mean?

I guess I didn't follow what your post meant. No big deal. My funny bone must be broken

LMAO!

That's slick for ya!(Real Liberal Smart-Ass!)

Slick I knew you weren't refering to my wife.
Lets keep the what make of vehicle is better out of this thread, please.
I'm just asking for opions on weather or not it's totaled and so far I've got 3 or 4 actual replys out of 18 or so responses.

so yes or no?

I used to do insurance.... you are looking 50/50 on being a total loss. I know that you are looking at a huge amount of damage to the hood, fender undercarriage, etc. If I had to say, I'd say its a total loss.

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Thanks for the replys! And a special thanks to whiskey. He went above and beyond for a total stranger and put together a very thorough, professional, and official estimate for me based on photos and my observations. I think whiskeys estimate is going to be about right on the money except our local labor runs almost double of what it does in his area. I finally got ahold of someone from my insurance company and they are saying that they are considering the car a loss at this point in time but will have an adjuster come by and verify in the next day or so. I guess it's time to start shopping, again:(!

Yeah it's for sure a gonner if the labor rates are double what mine are. I'm in an area where my rates have to stay really low because there is about 10 to many shops for the amount of vehicles there are

They may give you a discount if you give them the deer jerky that's on the grill...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom