Torture for Larry

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Hey Larry, how's the heat? We are headed up to my Parents in Steamboat tonight. This morning it was 49 degrees there. Here's a picture for you to stare out while you sit in that tub with a cold beer.

Last night from Dad's driveway (Photo Credit to my Dad) in Steamboat with some alpenglow for effect. 90% of the lodgepole pine have died from Dendroctonus beetle spread fungus.
Beetlekill.jpg

Cheers,

Beanman

i realize this thread was meant for "Larry", but i have to comment on that picture.........WOW, i wanna be there!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-08 AT 01:47PM (MST)[p]Slam,

No worries. Just ribbing Lve2143. The Wife and I are going to get dropped off at Dumont Lake on Rabbit Ears pass and ride our mountain bikes back to the Parents house via the Wyoming Trail along the Continental Divide, take the Mountain View cutoff, and then ride down from the top of the ski hill in the picture. A pretty moderate ride of about 23 miles, 2300 feet of climbing, and then a brake heating 4000' roll on down back to the house. All singletrack, hopefully the deadfall is mostly cleared off the trails.

bean

Beanman-

"A pretty moderate ride of about 23 miles, 2300 feet of climbing, and then a brake heating 4000' roll on down back to the house. All Singletrack, hopefully the deadfall is mostly cleared."

I hope that trail leads you right back to an outdoor hot tub and some frosty micro brew ale's, man that sounds fun!!

Have a great time and a good safe trip!! :)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-08 AT 02:25PM (MST)[p]Yep,

My Dad and Mom are fortunate. Lucky enough to have bought property in Steamboat in 1966. That's the only way a retired USFS Snow Ranger could afford to be in Steamboat. Our old wooden A-Frame is surrounded by trophy homes.

There isn't a hot tub but I guarantee there will be frosty microbrews. My Wife really likes the Kona Longboards, I'll stick to Palisade Brewery's Farmers Friend.

Bean

BEAN,

(been out of pocket)

You've ALWAYS bee a CRUEL SOB.

Thanks for sending that.
It gives me something to look forward to.

And Bean, thats few and far between with you're arse.

Good Looking stuff. Ran 5 miles this afternoon
in the heat Fred, you'd of been proud of me.

Keep it coming sir. I need people PUSHING me.
And you and Sparkey, Damned sure do it.

Thanks,

Laro.

Those darn pine beetles! They were a horrible disease on the Ashley Natl' Forest above Vernal in the 80's. We went thru our red and ugly period then the nasty gray period. It's finally starting to look decent again but the deadfall is tremendous. Keeps the trail crews busy, that's for sure.

I'm loving anywhere with cool temps right now. I wanna go to Steamboat!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom