Top USN sniper shot in the back.

feddoc

Long Time Member
He and a buddy tried to help a guy deal with PTSD; both were shot in the back.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/02/4595767/top-navy-seal-sniper-killed-on.html

(more at the link)

By Barry Shlachter barry@star-telegram

Chris Kyle, a retired Navy SEAL and the U.S. military's most lethal sniper, was fatally shot Saturday along with another man on the gun range of Rough Creek Lodge, a posh resort just west of Glen Rose, Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant said.

The 25-year-old suspect was apprehended about five hours later in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, more than 70 miles from the scene, Bryant said.

The suspect, identified as Eddie Ray Routh, 25, was pursued to a house in Lancaster by officers, including a local SWAT team. Routh again try to flee in a vehicle but was stopped about 9 p.m. after spikes were laid across a road, Bryant said.

"The suspect has been caught and is in custody in Lancaster," the sheriff said. Erath County sheriff's investigators and Texas Rangers were securing a capital murder warrant, he said.

Witnesses told sheriff's investigators that the gunman opened fire on the two men around 3:30 p.m., then fled in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims. The sheriff's department didn't get a call until around 6 p.m.

The motive of the shooting remained unclear, Bryant said. "Not a clue; absolutely no idea."

WFAA/Channel 8 quoted unnamed sources as saying that Kyle of Midlothian and a neighbor had taken Routh on an outing to help him deal with post-traumatic stress disorder. Routh turned on the men and shot them in the back, the report added.

This is some seriously wrong chit, right here!

Survive what he did in 4 tours overseas.....and then get murdered by someone you are trying to help, basically in your own back yard????

Sad.....A salute to a Patriot from me!

If you haven't yet, read his book, you should. He ain't Tom Clancy, but it is worth the read. This guy was "Chuck Norris" kind of BAD!

when your enemy nicknames you the "devil of ramadi" and places a bounty on your head, you know you're a bad sumbitch!!

r.i.p.

Sad day for the Seals...

His book is a good read. Survives four tours and is helping soldiers with PTSD. Then comes home, gets shot in the back, some things don't make sense.

RIP Chris

A hero killed by a coward!! Hang the bastard!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Makes me wonder about this country when a hero comes home and is murdered by an american. R.I.P.

....the purge continues.

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

So, did the all the shots come from this guy, or was there someone else on a grassy knoll?

Looks like there will be a couple more bodies buried in a shallow grave out by Terlingua!

"Pics or it didn't happen!"

Bought his book yesterday...So far it's a great read. Chris Kyle is a true American hero...Prayers go out to his wife and kids.....

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

My 12 yr. Old son started reading his book a month ago. Every morning he would give me a rundown of what he read the night before. Chris was his idol, he took it very hard!!!!

Thanks for everything you did Chris Kyle!!!!!

And to the waste of skin that murdered him cowardly... Rot in hell!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom