Top 5 NFL QB's

Feleno

Long Time Member
On the heels of Favre's retirement, do you think he is in the top 5 of all time? I'm not so sure. He's got some impressive numbers but there are several guys I mayt put ahead of him. Not in any particular order:

Brady
Montana
Elway
Unitas
Aikman
Bradshaw
Marino

Farve was awesome, he was starting to throw way to many picks though.

I also liked Fran Tarkington (sp)

I have been a Favre fan and a Cheesehead for my whole life. I watched him throw that 79 yarder against Louisville to win the game when I was 6 years old. He was a pleasure to watch and I have never seen another player in the NFL play with as much excitement as he did. Anyways, My picks are:

Montana
Aikman
Elway
Favre
Marino

MONTANA
ELWAY
BRADSHAW
UNITAS
FAVRE

Brady, Aikman, Young are all close
but they had and have great teams
built around them.

I have alot of respect for Favre. He truly has fun playing the game. My picks are:

1) Brady (The guy just wins)
2) Elway (Carried the broncos on his own for a long time)
3) Montana (cool under pressure)
4) Marino (gunslinger)
5) Bradshaw (QB'd 4 SBs)

-Raptor

I only need three Farve Unitas and Montana the rest are great but not of the calibre these folks had.
Driftersifter

>Farve was awesome, he was starting
>to throw way to many
>picks though.
>
>I also liked Fran Tarkington (sp)

Well said BFE, I admire the crapp outta Favre, gutsy, tuff, smart, but...
AND... Tark!! Ya!!
Nobody ever mentions 'ole Fran, but I'd bet there are still some records with his name on 'em.

I'd take Dan Marino in his prime over any of the other chumps mentioned.

The thing most people don't give Elway credit for is how average the teams he got to the super bowl in the early years were. Not many QB's would have been able to do that. He carried the teram for most of the time Dan Reeves was the coach.

By the time he was a super bowl winner he was past his prime but had pretty solid teams around him with Terrel Davis running the ball and a hall of fame tackle in Gary Zimmerman protecting his back.

Beanman

Montana
young
Unitas
Bradshaw
Kelly
xtra...Namath

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them. --Ronald Reagan

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-08 AT 07:41AM (MST)[p]Some of these responses crack me up. Kelley? Come on. If you're talking passing numbers only, why not Moon? If you want the best or Top 5 quarterbacks of all time take into consideration everything, numbers, CHAMPIONSHIPS, MVP's, etc, not just somebody that will take you to the dance, but someone that will seal the deal so to speak.

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Aikman
4. Elway
5. Favre

Honorable Mention: Unitus, Steve Young, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw

Oh and by the way, within 3 or 4 years we will have 2 new additions to my top 5, Brady & Manning!

T264

Montana
Favre
Young
Tark
Brady

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-08 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]I was always a big Marino/Dolphin fan, but sorry guys, not a top 5 quarterback. I like stats, but Super Bowl wins also is very important.

Montana
Elway
Bradshaw
Farve
Aikman

Whoops! When Brady retires he can go in there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom