Too light?

+1

Really glad though to see that the Judges are no longer just slapping wrists and lettin guys off with warnings and little more. 10's of thousands in fines and loss of hunting privileges, maybe even prison time, seems long overdue and like it would be a major huge deterrent!

I don't believe a lot of these game thieves have gotten the word yet. "Do the crime, pay the fine and do the time", ain't what it used to be!!!

Joey

My first thought was that they didn't get off too lightly. Then I read the article.

If they put that much effort into cheating, they should have suffered the penalties they DID suffer AND have been banned (from hunting activities) for life. That wasn't subsistence hunting and it was no "misunderstanding".

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON May-21-10 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]I agree. This was no misunderstanding.

Essentially they only paid fines for the Sheep ($30,000) and one elk ($8,000).

What about the all the other ill gotten tags they had?

"Evidence seized during the search included oats, salt blocks, trail cameras containing images of the hunters with illegally harvested game animals, outfitter records and licenses, among other items."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom