Too bad I missed it

Steve, i drove thru a area full of those type of bugs about 10 years ago. i was south bound i-5 around Maxwell and my windshield went from clear to a gooey mess in seconds from a multitude of bug splatters. My old wipers couldn't clear the mess so i stuck my head out the window looking, finally finding, and taking the next exit.

I pulled into a gas station parking lot and when i got out, i could see what looked like millions of these bugs swarming the overhead lights of the station. When i walked over to the pumps to get a squeegee for my windshield, i could not see the cement, several inches deep in dead bugs and certain key places they were piled up maybe a foot deep.

I asked inside, this was all new to them, they hadn't seen this before but there was a huge grass fire west of them and maybe that had something to do with it. Once the windshield was clear again, I got back on I-5 and after a few miles, no further bugs...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I hunted 051 in Nevada one year and where I was looked like a moving carpet of black beetles. or crickets. or something. Nasty! I had to get in the truck and move to another area.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Well at least they were right to call them bugs since both species are Hemipterous insects. Gotta get that stuff right.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom