Tis that time of year again...

never_catch

Long Time Member
NBA PLAYOFF TIME!! My favorite holiday season of the year :) Most teams have around 5 or so games left in the regular season...pretty damn tight race out west but all have locked up a playoff spot...AWESOME game last night between the JAZZ and THUNDER btw!! Durrant is scary good...

1 LAKERS
2 JAZZ 4.5 games behind
3 MAVERICKS 5 behind
4 SUNS 5 behind
5 NUGGETS 5 behind
6 SPURS 7 behind
7 THUNDER 7 behind
8 TRAIL BLAZERS 8 behind

The East is a little different story with only 3 possible title contenders...CLE, ORL, BOS...

1 CAVALIERS
2 MAGIC 6.5 behind
3 HAWKS 11.5 behind
4 CELTICS 12.5 behind
5 BUCKS 17.5 behind
6 HEAT 17.5 beind
and the next two have yet to secure a playoff spot...
7 BOBCATS 19.5 behind
8 RAPTORS 22.5 behind

Anyways what matchups do you guys want to see first round this year and who's winning them??

6491kobe-bryant.jpg

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-10 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p]As a Jazz fan I would like to see Portland first as we swept them in the regular season. The Suns would be a good match up as well. Right now it is so tight that the final seeding will come down to the last game for the West. The only team that would worry me is LA and for good reason, they can't win there. OK and maybe the Thunder, the Jazz have allowed them to shoot over 50% in multiple games and can't seem to stop them. Last nights home court OT win was to close for me.

I would like to see the Spurs match up with the Lakers. If one team can go into LA and win without home court I think the Spurs can.

Denver has some tough games coming up with the Thunder tonight. So I do not see them winning the division.

If the Lakers get beat I could see the West being open for a number of teams. The Spurs are playing good lately compared to the first half of the season. Whatever seed they get will not reflect the current caliber of team they are now.

Now out East it is to bad Bogut got hurt. I think the C's are done and I look for a Magic / Cavs final in the East.

I will give you my predictions after the second round is over...

One more thing Z, I find that picture very disturbing!!!

77, that's just how KB24 rolls buddy lol...INTENSE!!

It's going to be another awesome playoff season for sure but I'm a hundred percent positive in my mind the Magic will be repeating as Eastern Champs this year...I still don't think the Cavs can beat them in a 7 game series...I mean lets be real Orlando was 1 lucky ass buzzer beater away from sweeping them last year and the Cavs really haven't got that much better by acquiring Shaq!! Dwight is the ONLY mvp candidate who's a candidate based on DEFENSE instead of being a high volume scorer like Kobe, Lebron, and Durrant...

The West is going to be awesome every step of the way though and I agree San Antonio is probably the only real threat as far as being able to go into LA and take it...they're a way better team than their stats show!! It's crazy how good the west is 1 thru 8 though...lots of great players that live to play and win out here!!

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

East conf. points
1. Capitals 118
2. Devils 99
3. Sabres 98
4. Penguins 97
5. Senators 93
6. Canadiens 87
7. Flyers 86
8. Bruins 85
Positions 6,7,8 are still not seeded but tonights games will not make a difference since none of those 3 play, and the Rangers are 3 points behind the Bruins. Even if the Rangers win tonight, and they probably will, they can't catch up to the Bruins.

West conf.
1. Sharks 109
2. Blackhawks 107
3. Canucks 101
4. Coyotes 102
5. Predators 98
6. Kings 97
7. Red Wings 96
8. Avalanche 93
Al 8 of these positions have been seeded, however, Red Wings, Kings, and Predators can still move up or down depending on their wins and loss's in the games left to play in regular season.
Avalanche have 3 games left and will likely only win 1 more.
Red Wings have 3 games left and could win all 3 but realisticaly only 2, maybe, depending on wether or not the Blue Jackets have lost their drive.
Kings have 3 games left and have 2 games that can go either way and 1 game that they most likely will win.
Predators have 2 games left and 1 can go either way and 1 that is most likely.
I'd like to see the Red Wings and the Penguins play for the Stanley cup again, 3 years in a row, but the Capitals and the Sharks will probably play for the cup. Anything can still happen.
The Grizzlies played last night in Vegas and lost, play again tonight in Vegas, and will have the next 3 games scheduled here at home. Saturday is the first home game of this set.

GOO GRIZZLIES

never_catch, I'm with you buddy! I love this time of year!

The SF Giants swept the Astros in Houston to start the season. (I love beating ANY team from the State Roy lives in). With their starting pitching and their addition of a couple good bats, I think they could make a wild card spot this year!

Eel

Oh, GO LAKERS!

24 hours later...

1 LAKERS
2 MAVERICKS
3 NUGGETS
4 SUNS
5 JAZZ
6 TRAIL BLAZERS
7 SPURS
8 THUNDER

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

typical of the SPAZZ last night...But I blame it on Karma!! The ref's took that game from the Thunder in SLC.and thats coming from a Jazz fan.

Last day of the 2010 regular season with lots to still be decided on who will face who in round 1 of the playoffs...Suns vs Jazz is probably the biggest game tonight. Here's where it's at right now...

1 Lakers
2 Mavericks 3 games behind, play San Antonio tonight at home.
3 Jazz 4 behind, play Suns tonight at home.
4 Suns 4 behind
5 Nuggets 4 1/2 behind
6 Trail Blazers 7 behind, play Warriors tonight at home.
7 Spurs 7 behind
8 Thunder 8 behind, play Grizzlies tonight at home.

In the East the Bulls and Raptors are fighting for the last playoff berth and both have games tonight. Bulls at Bobcats and Knicks at Raptors...

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom