Tire question

hossblur

Long Time Member
Bought Tacoma.

Getting it new skins. 265/70/16 sl

My old work truck my son runs around town and to school, no towing, no hauling
02' chev 2500

Can I put the Tacoma tires on it, size wise they fit, but load rating is obviously different

Should be a code for load rating on the tire. Maybe one of our resident tire guys will chime in but I probably wouldn’t worry about it, so long as the truck is just used for a run around.

Don't Put A Car Rated tires On Your Sons Truck if You're Concerned For His Safety!

Kinda RAZZIN Ya Hossy!

What's The Ply Rating On Your Give-Aways?

As Far As I'm Concerned a 3/4 Ton Pick-Up Shouldn't Have Anything Less Than 10 Ply's On it!

I Don't Know How Many Times I've Seen Light Duty Truck Commercials on TV of All Brands on 1/2 Tons Bragging Up Heavy Payloads!

Then Check The Car Tires They Put On Them!

I'm Surprised the Big 3 Haven't Been Sued Big Time For This Kinda BS!

You're 10 Plying The New TOY Hossy!

You Planning On Some Serious Off-Road RoadHunting Or What?

Don't Put A Car Rated tires On Your Sons Truck if You're Concerned For His Safety!

Kinda RAZZIN Ya Hossy!

What's The Ply Rating On Your Give-Aways?

As Far As I'm Concerned a 3/4 Ton Pick-Up Shouldn't Have Anything Less Than 10 Ply's On it!

I Don't Know How Many Times I've Seen Light Duty Truck Commercials on TV of All Brands on 1/2 Tons Bragging Up Heavy Payloads!

Then Check The Car Tires They Put On Them!

I'm Surprised the Big 3 Haven't Been Sued Big Time For This Kinda BS!

You're 10 Plying The New TOY Hossy!

You Planning On Some Serious Off-Road RoadHunting Or What?

Brah, the taco is epic offroad, of course it gets 10 ply.

sl?

I Thought You Were Getting 10 Ply's?

Goodyear wranglers with kevlar sidewalls on the Yota.

That old work truck has been ridden hard and put away wet a lot, I just need it toake it for his senior year, then he can find something reliable.

OK!

I Think You Should Get A HeadAche Rack & Mount A Winch & Some Light Bars On It As Well!

If We're Gonna Road Hunt!

We Need To Do It Professionally Like!

OK!

I Think You Should Get A HeadAche Rack & Mount A Winch & Some Light Bars On It As Well!

If We're Gonna Road Hunt!

We Need To Do It Professionally Like!

Light bars are a thing of the past. I highly recommend these cheap Amazon specials. Also you'll need 3,000 ft of mule tape to hook to the winch to pull elk and deer up out of the canyons.

20230710_170913.jpg

I’d sell the tires outright and buy your son tires that are right for the truck. They’ll work, but you’ll be in the tire shop soon…

Put proper tires on the truck.

The sidewall sway and give, plus fewer plies and thinner tires overall are not a good combo.

Tires are expensive.

Cheaper than an ambulance ride or worse.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom