TIRE BUYERS....some info for you.

kilowatt

How to tell when the tires were made by a simple number stamped on each tire by the Tire Mfg.

The four-digit number on the sidewall of a tire tells you the week in a year a tire was produced. The code is usually at the end of a string of numbers and letters that begins with "DOT". A code of 3408 signifies that the tire was made during the 34th week of 2008.
DON'T BUY TIRES MORE THAN A COUPLE OF YEARS OLD BECAUSE THEY DEGRADE WITH AGE.

Brian

Kilo,

Your the only one who has tires long enough that degrade with age and not miles......:)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

The problem with buying tires is that you get to see the display model in the showroom and not the actual tire until its on your vehicle so you cant read the code until its too late.

You have the right to ask and see the tires before they are mounted on your rims. Where this is very important is with your RV trailer tires and pickup tires if you carry heavy loads.

Most tire shops will tell you that you should change RV tires about every 5 years no matter how much tread is left on them. This is due to breakdown of the rubber and the sidewall failing while on a trip.

If they mount new tires that are already 2-4 years old, not uncommon in tires for RV's, and you use them for 5 years. You can expect blowouts before your 5 years of use have expired.

I know from personal experience, and confirmation from a tire shop I respect for their honesty.

That dated code is normally found on the inside sidewall of the tire. This is more prevalient with small tire shops and cut rate tire shops that do not have the turnover of the big shops, but can happen with the big names in tire shops. So check every time you buy tires.
I will not accept RV tires that are more then 1 year old, and car-truck tires that are more then 1-1/2 years old due to expectation of having to change them before they breakdown and become unsafe.

RELH

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

THAT AIN'T THE NUMBER I WORRY ABOUT!!!

I ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE 93,000 MILE GUARANTEE!!!

THEY JUST DON'T SEEM TO BE STAMPING THAT ON THE TIRES I'VE LOOKED AT!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom