Tips for Cancun Mexico Trip

K

Knockmdead

Heading to Cancun next Saturday for a week. Anyone out there got any ideas of what we can do while we are there. Anyone been there and got a "must do" list for Cancun?

Jeff

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon back in 1998.

Scuba diving should be on your must do list!

If you'll be going with a wife or girlfriend tell everyone you are on your honeymoon, you'll get all kinds of free upgrades!

Weeeeellll, if you aleady have your trip booked, it may not be too late.

Did you hear about the couple whose husband got whacked jet-skiing on Lake Amistad? Then, when the Police Chief started looking into it to hard...his head arrived at a police office, in a suitcase.

Those are just the tip of the ice-berg.

You obviously didn't go to the State Department's website and look up destinations that they say to avoid.

You'll probably be just fine...gut I ain't going down there again.

John 14:6

THIS WILL BE MY 4TH YEAR IN A ROW, ITS THE BEST FISHING ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD I HAVE BEEN. CC IS NOT LIKE THE REST OF MEXICO, ITS VERY CLEAN & CLASSY. THE BEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO STAY AT THE JW MARRIOTT, AND BOOK ALL OF YOUR ACTIVITIES OUT OF THE HOTEL. THE MARRIOTT WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GREAT TRIP & WANT TO COME BACK. GREAT VACATION DESTINATION.....................YD.

Thanks guys,

I am going with my wife, and our friends. We have a resort (time share) down there that is about 15 miles from Cancun, closer to Playa Del Carman. Just wondered if there was anything cool that we could do that any of you would recommend. We have a trip planed to go see the ruins and looking for some other things to do as well.

Jeff

I've seen lost of "must do's" down there..But lots of guys musta already did it, word of caution...

Several years ago I was there and had a great time.
One of the things we did was a trip to the Mayan Ruins Chichen Itza.
Would realy like to go back some day.
The double decker bus ride alone was better than any roller coster ride.

Three absolute, don't miss places to visit when in Cancun, besides a day of fishing.

Tulum Myan ruins-fascinating ruins on the beach.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...=1230&bih=588&q=tulum ruins mexico&tbs=isch:1

Akumal - snorkeling on an amazing coral reef that comes within 100 feet of the white sand beach.

http://www.locogringo.com/research/beaches/akumal.html#akumalbay

Chichen Itza - ruins-breath taking pyramid including the famous ball court and pool where they threw the cut off heads of the players.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...en+Itza+in+Mexico&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Charter a ocean fishing trip. I can't recommend which charter is best, been to long since I went but this site will give you a good idea about what you might expect. Cancun isn't usually know for fishing by the typical vacationer but we had an outstanding fishing charter there.

http://www.deepseafishingcancun.com/article.htm

All these depend trips on your tour guide but with a good one they are all well worth the time to see.

Have a great trip.

DC

Ive been down there a couple of times and LOVE it.

I think you have to do Chichen Itza. It will be an all day trip for you, but I think you have to go there once. It is a bummer that you cant climb the pyramids anymore, but I think its still worth the trip. If you dont want to do an all day thing to see ruins, Id go check out Tulum. Its pretty close to where you are and has some awesome views of ruins by the beach.

My favorite place down there is Xel-ha. Ive gone there each time Ive visited Cancun. Great views of a beautiful place, some snorkeling, nice trails to walk, lazy floats down a jungle river, and a little cliff diving. The snorkeling isnt the greatest, but its still fun. Ive seen groupers, tuna, sting rays, and all sorts of other little fish there. Though another time I went I didnt see much at all.

Puerto Morelos snorkeling is another great place to go if you dont scuba and really want to see some nice reefs. Ive been there a couple of times and was happy with both trips.

A couple things I was really disappointed with that Id stay away from. . . there are a couple of zip line places that are retarded. In Cancun there is a tour that lets you drive a two man boat into the "jungle" and then out to snorkel. The jungle lasts about 10 minutes and then you just head out to sea to a lame snorkeling location. Not worth it. There is also a Wet n Wild there that is terrible. Ive also done a dolphin swim and was pretty disappointed.

Hope you have a great time. Definitely check out Xel-ha!

Have been there twice and going back in February.

Another vote for Xel-Ha. I have a funny story about that place. Did the float down the river and am a sucker for diving off of cliffs. I climb up to the cliff and there were college kids jumping off feet first. Asked if anybody was diving and they told me no. Acting all macho, I dive off. Perfect dive I must say till I realized that my swimming suit got ripped off when I hit the water. There I am butt naked swimming around in front of hundreds of people looking for my suit. Trust me, the water is very clear in that river. I will never forget that!

There is a full day trip to Isla Mujeres that was very fun. We did a lobster cruise and that was one of the drunkest nights of my life. Coco Bongo's or however it is spelled is one crazy place! There was a foam party the night we went and saw things these small town eyes have never seen before.

Went fishing and caught what the guide described as a monster sail fish. Don't know if it was big or not. I am 6'5" tall and it was longer than me in the picture.

Also agree to stay away from the zip lines and the jungle cruises.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom