Timing in the snowies

WYO_ATL

I will be hunting the Southern Snowies this fall from September 5-12. Anybody that has hunted this area during the time period, what were your thoughts? I realize it might be a little early for any heavy rut action, but this is my first time archery elk hunting, so I just need one raghorn to be love sick. Well, let's hear it guys.

A little early. You will not hear much bugling. My suggesting is sitting for 30-35 minutes when you start calling and be prepared for elk coming in silent. The elk are very call wary in the Snowies and usually circle down wind. I think your expectations are right on and you will find success. Probably will be a rag horn but there are some larger bulls down there. Good luck!

Heard lots of bugling the second week of Sept, when I was on the Snowys moose hunting last year.

Out of all mnt ranges in wyoming this is the one i disliked the most when it came to archery hunting. Lots of people and lots of people calling way to much. some areas in this range have a damn near silent rut. Ive got into a few so/so decent spots in this range. I preferred the sierra madres over the snowies anyday for archery season which isnt that much further away..

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom