Tikka Rifles

I haven't shot one but I looked at one in the 338 win mag and the 300 mag and the both were so light that I dreaded the thought of shooting one. but other that the actions and stuff seemed pretty smooth and the gun felt nice.

Jake

I just read in a shooting magazine that they would be a good deal at $1000 and are a steal at the current price. I'd like to shoot one before buying it, but the craftsmanship looks great.

Has anyone heard anything about the Tikka Continental Long Range rifles?
Eric
Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

I was able to aquire a Tikka 338 mag a few years ago through a friend that knew someone in Idaho that won the rifle at the RMEF banquet raffle . It was a very nice weapon , absolutely , straight shooting and a beautiful peice of craftmanship . The RMEF logo was laser engraved on the barrell.I shot maybe 50 -70 rounds trying to familiarize myself with the gun and took it to Colorado durring the 3rd season with cow tags . I like to think that I felt very comfortable with this gun but when I stumbled into a small herd of Wapiti , I fumbled with the safety and watched my elk trot away , the only elk I seen on the hunt . I have hunted with the model 70 Winchester for twenty years and if you know anything about the safety on these two guns , the model 70 has a lever that swings sideways and the Tikka has a safety that resembles the model 700 Remington that rolls straight forward on the top . Being used to the model 70 and trying to flip the safety forward , I couldn't find the damn thing cause it is like the model 700 . Needless to say , another friend was in the market and I was able to exchange for the right amount and now I have a new model 70 338 mag . If I had not taken that weapon on that hunt that year , I would have spent the next winter , spring , and summer shooting it and may have become familiar enough with it to use it effectively . That is the only reason that I do not own it anymore , they are truly nice weapons , but the plastic trigger and magazine well is strange . Also , to buy an extra magazine is costly , $60.00 each .
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY
BUTTSHOT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom