Tigers or Giants??

Roy

Who is your pick?

Logic says its the Tigers, but you just can't count the Giants out!

Zito has been ON and Bumgarner has been flat out nasty. If Lincecum can find it - it might be Katie-bar-the-door time.

All the NorKals on here are cheering for their local boys I assume. Either way it is going to be a fun series!

I like Jim Leyland - he is a crotchety old bastard! Like his old school style and I love Verlander. Gotta go with them. Giants won't surprise me though if they pull it out!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Giants all the way. It's been a fun ride. I knew that they were a good team and i always pull for them but this year, they far outdid my expectations. Win or lose, i'm a happy guy.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Leaning towards the Giants cause the Tigers have been idle for a while. 6 or 7 games though.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Giants

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Is this a hoax post Roy? Are you kidding me?????

Detroit barely beat the A's.

They swept the Yankees......yawn. The Yankees are a bunch of over paid wanna be's. No heart, no soul.

Winners are not made of A Rods, Jeters, Fielders, Pooholes, or even Bonds. Winners are made of team players and players like Marco Scutero, Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford, Buster Posey, Hunter Pence and Ryan Vogelsong. They are managed by Bochy, Rags Righetti.

I actually feel sorry for Detroit. They just picked the wrong year.

You will never beat a team that refuses to lose.

Eel

Did I mention........put me down as picking the Giants.:)

I AM A GIANTS FAN, SAW THEM PLAY 5 TIMES THIS YEAR.......BUT I WOULD NOT BET AGAINST THE DETROIT TIGERS.......THEY ARE SOLID. THIS IS A 7 GAME SERIES......BEST TEAM DOES NOT ALWAYS WIN A SHORT SERIES...................YD.

Giants all the way, baby! You can't fight the momentum they have right now.

Zito was pretty much nails for the first five, and HOW ABOUT PABLO??????? Panda just tied Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson and Albert Pujols as the only guys to hit 3 hrs in one WS game.

Hows about them Giants! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

When that ball hit third base and went for a double in game one I think the series was decided. sometimes it is just that simple. I think the Giants are meant to win it(and I'm a Dodger fan!)

Yeah, maybe the Giants are a team of destiny, don't know yet and won't until one team wins 4 games. So much has been made of all the luck going the Giants way and it has up to this point but Detroit isn't going to win, luck or not, without scoring more runs.

That reminds me, Detroit's home run off Pagan's glove and then over the fence...tell me that wasn't some luck! :)

Go Giants!!

Joey

Lol Steve!! Game time, game 3, fox

Go Giants!! :)

Joey

WOW - mowed Cabrera down with a called 3rd strike. Giants were just that in these 4 games. Impressive.

Team of destiny for sure. They played like they knew they were going to do it.

Congrats. Should never have picked against them. Look out next year too.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

It seems kinda arrogant that I predicted a cake walk in the WS, but I've followed the Giants every game from spring training. Every game. I saw it comming, and knew it was unstopable.

I do feel bad for Detroit. Not their fault. They got good pitching, but the Giants kept their offense off balance all series by great pitching and great defense. And the Giants just refuse to lose.

Eel

Eel, at the time, i thought you call a ballsy one but glad that it came through, Congrats!! Also, you know that i've been sitting on the couch right next to you for every game this season. I think i may have missed three games but even those i followed on the radio. It's been a awesome season!!

If any of you guys have been following the Giants Threads in the calif Forum, you would see that for a long time, i've been saying how i felt that we had the better "TEAM". Through all the things that popped up, injuries, suspensions, new guys fighting for jobs, the Giants always kept the TEAM in mind and let go the personal goals that can't hardly help but be the forefront of the goals one sets or strives to accomplish to get a better job or higher salaries. They didn't do that though, they played for the team and that unselfishness, IMO, could be seen plain as day months ago. These guys were/are Winners and i'm proud to say that i'm one of their biggest fans!!

Go Giants!! World champs 2012!!

Joey

All of us Giant fans have a great big smile on our face this morning. That was a "Giant" team effort to win.

Just a side note: Bochy took a bunch of characters and misfits and turned them into a championship team. Maybe he should run for president and get the congress headed the right direction. Just a thought.

Joey, thank you for all your comments. You are right on. I'm proud of you and honored to be your brother in baseball.

larrbo, you're right on also. I'm thinking of allowing Bruce Bochy to make all my important life decisions from now on!.:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom