Thunder Basin

A

AdamBomb

I am organizing a mule/antelope hunt for Fall '04. My group has narrowed our choices to Thunder Basin for both or Medicine Bow for Muley and Laramie area for Goats. Does anyone have any advice to help us complete our dicision?

theres lots of goats around laramie, but then, theres lots of goats most everywhere in wyoming. as for mule deer, are you refering to the medicine bow forest, or the town of medicine bow?

sam

ahh, ok. deer numbers are fairly good. there are some good bucks up there, though i wouldn't expect anything really huge. 160 class bucks are fairly common if you hunt hard. there does tend to be fairly heavy 4 wheeler traffic, which is why i generally dont hunt that mountain anymore. in many areas up there, the roads are close enough together that its tough to get away from the crowds. if you need anymore information, feel free to ask.

sam

Sam, Have you ever hunted up in the national grasslands near Douglas for Muleys or antelope.

SOME PEOPLE GET TO HAVE ALL THE FUN. WISH I WAS GOING. I AM CONSIDERING IT. I HAVE HUNTED UP THAT WAY ON SEVERAL OCASIONN.
SEEN PLENTY OF 26-28 " BUCKS NORTH AND WEST OF WRIGHT. NOT SURE IF THAT IS IN YOUR AREA. IT IS A LOT OF PRIVATE PROP. DO YOUR HOME WORK. WORKS FOR ME

Thunder Basin is great for antelope, but poor for deer. I went their on a couple day trips and did not see a buck one, not did a see anyone with a buck in the truck. Hoevee, I did see a crap load of elk.
Michael

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom