Thoughts on Morgan Wallen....

Any person in a public position knows better than to use any of those "slang" words. It is no surprise that he is in trouble.

My opinion: Most of those words and phrases are ignorant and serve no purpose. It's 2021 not 1921. Time to put those in the past. Let them die with the old guys that still cling to them. Anyone under 45 has no excuse to ever use race related slang, unless they are a racist.

Any person in a public position knows better than to use any of those "slang" words. It is no surprise that he is in trouble.

My opinion: Most of those words and phrases are ignorant and serve no purpose. It's 2021 not 1921. Time to put those in the past. Let them die with the old guys that still cling to them. Anyone under 45 has no excuse to ever use race related slang, unless they are a racist.

Did you see the clip?

So all the rappers who use it, every other word at times get a free pass because of their color? Or racism only goes one way?

"Old guys that still cling to them"? It's in every rap song out there. I don't see too many old guys rapping these days......or at least making themselves relevant.
If you think only old guys are saying it, YOU are an old guy!! LOL

There are sure a bunch of snowflakes when it comes to being sensitive/triggered by "cancel culture."

And they're the same people that refuse to watch certain news channels and sports. I've seen people here say they'll never watch CNN and even quit watching NFL. Yep, that's "cancel culture."

They refuse to shop at certain stores. Yep, that's "cancel culture" too.

They just think it's okay when it's on their side.

Ok so...just to clarify the arguments presented so far, cancel culture is bad, you think I didn't see the clip, some rappers use it, therefore, you are in favor of using the word?

Got it.

I think its a big bunch of bs. Its some sort of weird language double standard. And the fact that saying one word can impact your lively hood, celebrity or not, is WRONG!

How about the golfer who called HIMSELF a “faggot” when he missed a putt. He had to put HIMSELF in sensitivity training for something he said to HIMSELF that was picked up by a mic.

Y’all are in big trouble when they can read minds.

Well Wallens comment was picked up by a ring doorbell cam from across the street.

There are sure a bunch of snowflakes when it comes to being sensitive/triggered by "cancel culture."

And they're the same people that refuse to watch certain news channels and sports. I've seen people here say they'll never watch CNN and even quit watching NFL. Yep, that's "cancel culture."

So you're comparing a private conversation between a group of drunk buddies, eaves dropped on by a ring doorbell cam from across the street, to kneeling or turning your back to our countries flag during our national anthem in front of an audience of millions? ?

Last edited:
I don't care if he speaks slang, I don't care what he means, and I don't care if he's the grand dragon of the KKK. The fact that white men, AND ONLY WHITE MEN, can loose their career and be black listed over the utterance of a single word in a Nation that was founded upon the absolute guaranteed freedom of speech and expression under the premise that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, is a disgusting pile of embarrassing crap for this nation.

Everything will be forgiven, NAACP just volunteered to meet with Wallen and educate him.(they'll pronounce him "cured" right after he scratches that check!)
If they were smart, they would ask for a % of the take. Didn’t exactly ruin his sales.

Be honest, I’m not the only one who never heard of this dude. No true country star would be around a house with a ring doorbell.

Ok so...just to clarify the arguments presented so far, cancel culture is bad, you think I didn't see the clip, some rappers use it, therefore, you are in favor of using the word?

Got it.
"in favor of using the word".....THIS is the problem with people in our country. Tweaking how things sound to make it worse than it really is. Who said anything about being in favor of using it? That's like saying I encourage people to use it. Nice try, bonepicker. YOU are one of the people that contribute to how soft our country has become.

Interesting times we live in these days. In the early 70s I toured with both a Navy basketball and boxing team. I was one of three white dudes, total, on the teams. Never a problem....unless someone from outside our group used *that* word.

On one trip we were in the deepest bowels of the city that Oakland had to offer. We frequented shops in Hunters Point and not once was I afraid. Alone? not gonna happen.

Anyway, we went into a BBQ place on our way home and I had to go pee, which put me last in line to order. Big dude taking orders said to me: 'ah, now our token honky. what would you like to have, my man?'. My reply was: 'anything the (word) behind the bar would like to cook, as long as it is pork'. Dead silence, then he started laughing and called for drinks on the house.

Fast forward to my last days in the Navy (2006ish) and my last days as a .gov worker (2017ish) and it is more about not allowing ANYONE to use that word, or any racially themed moniker. We wasted far too much time teaching us how not to be racist, sexist, ooooh, don't rape each other either.

I remember one time, as a DoD civilian, I had three people come into my office (and every other workspace on base) looking for offensive posters (there weren't any) and completely miss an 8lb jug of RL-22. It was empty, but illustrates the point that these folks looking for bad things are likely focused on one thing only.

"in favor of using the word".....THIS is the problem with people in our country. Tweaking how things sound to make it worse than it really is. Who said anything about being in favor of using it? That's like saying I encourage people to use it. Nice try, bonepicker. YOU are one of the people that contribute to how soft our country has become.
Just trying to follow the "logic" of the argument. Very few are addressing the actual issue. Should this slur continue to be used or not? Many are talking about what other people do, or how people are soft/woke/snowflakes, or how it used to be in 1970, but setting aside logical fallacies, should racial slurs continue to be used?

I say no, and for that I am a woke snowflake that is ruining our country. Sad.

Just trying to follow the "logic" of the argument. Very few are addressing the actual issue. Should this slur continue to be used or not? Many are talking about what other people do, or how people are soft/woke/snowflakes, or how it used to be in 1970, but setting aside logical fallacies, should racial slurs continue to be used?

I say no, and for that I am a woke snowflake that is ruining our country. Sad.
Again, what you have done is prompted everyone to THINK that we are promoting the use of the word which is not the premise of this post.
I think it would be safe to say that most here would not say that word but feels conflicted as to WHY those that are/have been affected by it the most (if they in fact believe it is a racist slur) still use it today as a common noun in referring to a friend.

Long story short....my wife and I were in Pismo Beach yesterday and there were 4 Cal Poly football players eating at Hoagies at a table next to us. They used the N word (along with tons of other profanity) at least 10 times. It was uncomfortable but they used it like there was no worry in the world. There is no need for them to use the word. Why do they?

Interesting times we live in these days. In the early 70s I toured with both a Navy basketball and boxing team. I was one of three white dudes, total, on the teams. Never a problem....unless someone from outside our group used *that* word.

On one trip we were in the deepest bowels of the city that Oakland had to offer. We frequented shops in Hunters Point and not once was I afraid. Alone? not gonna happen.

Anyway, we went into a BBQ place on our way home and I had to go pee, which put me last in line to order. Big dude taking orders said to me: 'ah, now our token honky. what would you like to have, my man?'. My reply was: 'anything the (word) behind the bar would like to cook, as long as it is pork'. Dead silence, then he started laughing and called for drinks on the house.

Fast forward to my last days in the Navy (2006ish) and my last days as a .gov worker (2017ish) and it is more about not allowing ANYONE to use that word, or any racially themed moniker. We wasted far too much time teaching us how not to be racist, sexist, ooooh, don't rape each other either.

I remember one time, as a DoD civilian, I had three people come into my office (and every other workspace on base) looking for offensive posters (there weren't any) and completely miss an 8lb jug of RL-22. It was empty, but illustrates the point that these folks looking for bad things are likely focused on one thing only.
Wow, the 70's sound great! That is the definition of FREEDOM, wish we could go back to the time when we could call people slurs and they would buy us drinks! :unsure:

Solid argument.

Again, what you have done is prompted everyone to THINK that we are promoting the use of the word which is not the premise of this post.
I think it would be safe to say that most here would not say that word but feels conflicted as to WHY those that are/have been affected by it the most (if they in fact believe it is a racist slur) still use it today as a common noun in referring to a friend.

Long story short....my wife and I were in Pismo Beach yesterday and there were 4 Cal Poly football players eating at Hoagies at a table next to us. They used the N word (along with tons of other profanity) at least 10 times. It was uncomfortable but they used it like there was no worry in the world. There is no need for them to use the word. Why do they?
I get what you're saying, you wouldn't use the word, which is a straight answer.

It seemed like in your original post you were asking is it right or wrong. You said you "don't think he did wrong" because so many people use it as slang.

I think it is wrong, not based on who uses it, how acceptable it used to be or what popular opinion is now. In my mind its common decency.

Using names, slurs or slang to refer to or describe people is common but that doesn't make it right or good.

Regardless of whether you think it is right or wrong, the reality in our society is that if you use slurs there are almost always consequences.

For the average joe, the consequences generally small but could be significant, people think you're backward or people avoid you. Worst case scenario, you could lose your job.

For a celebrity, the consequences are almost always big. You lose your contract and you get raked over the coals in the media cycle, it can ruin your life.

For better or worse, that is reality.

Is "White Extremist" a racial slur? That seems to be used a lot these days. If the N word is so hated everyone, including rappers & blacks should set an example & stop using it.
Hmm, maybe? I've heard "white supremacist" or "right wing extremist" used more often.

My thought, anytime you are lumping someone into a category of any kind, you are missing the complexity of the individual.

If we categorize someone, we have discounted them. We are doing it all the time without realizing it. (I even lumped "old guys" into a category) it makes it easier to dismiss their argument.

If someone is a "right wing extremist" you know everything you need to know about them and you can write them off.

If someone is a "liberal snowflake" you know what they think about everything and you can ignore them.

It makes life less complicated but it doesn't help us hear people and make progress toward a healthy society.

Example...You & your neighbor get into an argument over his cat shitting in your flowers. After some heated exchanges He calls You an F ing "White Assh...".....You yell back by calling him a "Black Bastard"...Another neighbor videos it & puts it on Facebook. WHO do you think will get raked over the coals more?

Wow, the 70's sound great! That is the definition of FREEDOM, wish we could go back to the time when we could call people slurs and they would buy us drinks! :unsure:

Solid argument.

Example...You & your neighbor get into an argument over his cat shitting in your flowers. After some heated exchanges He calls You an F ing "White Assh...".....You yell back by calling him a "Black Bastard"...Another neighbor videos it & puts it on Facebook. WHO do you think will get raked over the coals more?
I would rather sit down with my neighbor over some purple drank and work it out civilly.

Solid argument.
Not an argument but a comment on changing times. Try harder to learn the difference.

"Interesting times we live in these days."

"Fast forward to my last days in the Navy (2006ish) and my last days as a .gov worker (2017ish) and it is more about not allowing ANYONE to use that word, or any racially themed moniker."

Last edited:
IMG_3150.JPG

Since I have a passion for pancakes, I bought this a few months back. I went to resupply last week and the new one, the picture of my favorite brand is gone. Just hope I don't get in the penalty box for adding it too my eye sore collection....

Sadly more times than not the ones that chose to make it a racial slurr are doing so politically.
After googling Morgan Wallen to find out who this guy is it don't sound like he fits the mold as a liberal, I don't know forsure correct me if I am wrong.
He was in trouble for going to parties and not wearing a mask, he was arrested last May for public intoxicating outside of Kid Rocks bar (of course he was intoxicated he was outside a bar).
If this would have been Adam Levine (My wife's one dream) or Keith Urban the media and left would be making up all kinds of excuses, just for example all you have to do is look at when Jimmy Kimmel dressed up as Karl Malone, the left made up all kinds of excuses for Jimmy. The cool thing is Karl did not care either.
I took feddock example as that the word he used was no problem because nobody made it a problem.
Founder sorry about the politics but it the reason I see all this cancel culture is about.

A word is a racial slurr only if you make it a racial slurr.

Never happen. The cat would disappear and all would be well in the neighborhood.

I absolutely hate brown rice! In today's world, that must make me a Ricist!

The cancel culture is getting old. And nowadays the only people you can hate and talk bad about in the USA is the white man! That is the plain and simple truth. Double standards everywhere!

Never heard of the homeboy until yesterday and I don't give a sh*t that he referenced his buddies that way. Sounds like banter amongst friends, but since he's a public figure he is getting raked by those who just have to feel superior. F that--get out of my business.

Where I'm from (Northern Cali--sorry, Kali) it's cultural. All my homies of various descent uses that word (the "a" variant) and other colorful words commonly. Not something said in court, at work, in line at the store, but it's used regularly. It's a generic throwaway.

I gotta imagine in other neighborhoods throughout this country, other words replace those used in my neighborhood, but are used in the same manner and are not viewed as racist, it's just the culture from where you grew up. Being racist is way different than talking sh*t amongst friends.

I’m white. I’m not ashamed in the least about it. I’ve had no privilege from being white. No one has ever given me anything, other than presents from family and friends. My father taught me how to work, he didn’t give me a thing other than a work ethic. If you take on debt, pay for it yourself. If you do crime, pay the time. Liberals are so f-inf weak I can’t stand it. Go to school, get a job, work, have some personal pride. I’m angry and I hope now that most people are. All we have is our vote and our wallets to force a change. The woke left only has the power we allow them to have. There are more of us than them.

Ummm no. If you dont like what he said, dont buy his records. Cancel culture doesnt allow the option

If you dont like CNN, you change the channel. Eliminating channels(like CNN is pushing for OAN, and newsmax ) is cancel culture.

I quit watching the NFL. Im not advocating the league be shut Down.

Cancel culture is about removing someone/thing from existance. Be that Parler, Telegram, or this dude.

Ummm no. If you dont like what he said, dont buy his records. Cancel culture doesnt allow the option

If you dont like CNN, you change the channel. Eliminating channels(like CNN is pushing for OAN, and newsmax ) is cancel culture.

I quit watching the NFL. Im not advocating the league be shut Down.

Cancel culture is about removing someone/thing from existance. Be that Parler, Telegram, or this dude.
Cancel culture, by definition, is the “popular practice of withdrawing support for (canceling) public figures and companies after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive”

By your own words you've participated in "cancel culture" of the NFL. Probably a bunch of other stores and companies, too. How many people here said they'd never go to Big 5 again? That's "withdrawing support."

A certain Senator had to get a different publisher, several people had to switch social media platforms. But they still exist, they weren't eliminated.

Heck, Fox News dropped in ratings to number three last month (the first time they haven't held the top spot in 20 years) after their own viewers "cancelled" them and went to OANN and NewsMax because they didn't like FNCs reportage.

I could list a dozen examples of times the "right" participated in "cancel culture" when the situation was what you described above exactly. I could even post tweets from a certain idolized person where he calls for the cancelling of people and groups. But I can't do it without the conversation devolving into politics so I'll let it go.

Last edited:
You are completely wrong grizz, hoss is spot on.
Cancel culture insist the very existence ( there professional endeavors) of whomever they are canceling does not exist past, present and future.
Cancel culture force companies to refuse allowing the ones they are canceling to offer what ever they are selling. The general Joe Blow has no choice because the one that got canceled does not exist.
What you are talking about is making a choice to support what is more inline with your own opinions. Fox News still exists.

You are completely wrong grizz, hoss is spot on.
Cancel culture insist the very existence ( there professional endeavors) of whomever they are canceling does not exist past, present and future.
Cancel culture force companies to refuse allowing the ones they are canceling to offer what ever they are selling. The general Joe Blow has no choice because the one that got canceled does not exist.
What you are talking about is making a choice to support what is more inline with your own opinions. Fox News still exists.

He still won't get it.

Im not real
Cancel culture, by definition, is the “popular practice of withdrawing support for (canceling) public figures and companies after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive”

By your own words you've participated in "cancel culture" of the NFL. Probably a bunch of other stores and companies, too. How many people here said they'd never go to Big 5 again? That's "withdrawing support."

A certain Senator had to get a different publisher, several people had to switch social media platforms. But they still exist, they weren't eliminated.

Heck, Fox News dropped in ratings to number three last month (the first time they haven't held the top spot in 20 years) after their own viewers "cancelled" them and went to OANN and NewsMax because they didn't like FNCs reportage.

I could list a dozen examples of times the "right" participated in "cancel culture" when the situation was what you described above exactly. I could even post tweets from a certain idolized person where he calls for the cancelling of people and groups. But I can't do it without the conversation devolving into politics so I'll let it go.
[/QUOTE

Not sure where you cherry picked that definition

Cancel culture is exactly what happened to that kid, or Parler.

I dont like Budweiser, so I dont buy it. That's not canceling Budweiser. Canceling Budweiser would be getting it pulled from the shelves, everywhere. Not sure how you cant see the difference.

Im not demanding the NFL shut down. I just choose to not spend my time watching it.

I very much subscribe to "go woke, go broke."

Trying to pretend that the left and right are the same on cancel culture is you trying to play make believe.

Fox spent 4 years pointing out how bias CNN is. CNN is actively trying to get Fox shut off the cable and sat platforms.

We will see it soon with guns. The left is actively trying to shut down guns on social media. In shipping. And payment processors. That's not just not buying guns, because you dont like them, that's trying to take them out of existence

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom