Thoughts of Hunting....

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I was driving home from the grocery store today after buying some milk, cantaloupe, cheese, pinto beans and a few other items we needed. I was sitting in the turning lane heading for home as I noticed myself wondering what hunts I'll be putting in for in which states and with what method of harvesting I'll be using. It dawned on me that there was no rhyme or reason I was having these thoughts in my head except for it's the one hobby I have....the only hobby I have that consumes my mind. I'm sure that is how it is with most of us. The question is, how many times do you ever stop and wonder why or what triggered you to think about it at that moment.
My son has a cow elk tag in the Monroe unit and we're heading up there Dec 19th. I can't wait...it's the only hunting I will have done this year. I'm just lucky to be getting out with my Dad and my son.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

happens a lot with me too, probably why the friends I have are hunting addicts too cause its about the only thing I talk about. Not much else is that interesting :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

mtnman Now that is a true story. My friends all hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Most all of my friends hunt, some used to, some now only fish, but i'd have to think hard to come up with any person in our circle that is against hunting all together.

I got a kick on a visit to my old hunting buddies place couple hundred miles away. We don't get together as often as we used to but we been hunting together over 40 years and we talk of hunting trips, rifles, trophies, and what's coming up...all hunting. His wife came to us in their game room one evening and asked, "is all you guys ever talk about is hunting?"

We looked at her with blank faces and said, "Well, yeah!" lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I still think about it a lot but not like I used to. I guess killing an animal is not that important to me any more. I really noticed it the past few years. I cherish the memories of past hunts more now.

I've been almost obsessed with kayak fishing lately. For the first time in my life I finally got my fill of rock fish and Dungeness Crab. Something I thought wasn't possible.:) The big thing is, I'm retired and can go whenever the conditions are right, and not just on the weekends. It's cheap to do also, compared to big game hunting.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I hear of lots of guys that have friends that hunt. I live in an area where, I guess, there aren't a ton of hunters like there would be say in the Rocky Mountain states. Most of my friends DON'T hunt.....a few do. Funny thing is that when I run into someone from Utah or Nevada...I always ask them if they hunt. Most say yes and the conversation goes from there.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

back when I was married, I wanted a t-shirt but my now ex didn't approve. It said something like "you don't hunt? our conversations is over" :D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

I've never let my passion for one bad habit get in the way my passion for another. I guess my tent has made me a yard wide and an inch deep but I've sure enjoyed the diversity and the variety of experiences.

I got buddies that sail, rope, fish, fly, jump, fight, pray, cuss, log, throw, catch, run, plant, dig, sing, dance, golf, lift, drive, etc. I've had the privilege of tasting them all and I have to say they've all been exhilarating. I'd hate to have missed out on a single wreck!

DC

I envy the renaissance man, Lumpy, but I am with Wisz on this. Hunting has been my passion since I could hold a BB gun. I now know that it is more about being outside than it is about pulling the trigger, but being outdoors for any other purpose just isn't enough. I begin scouting for the next season almost before the present season is over. I know that I must appear a dull SOB because I have just about nothing to say to anyone who doesn't hunt mule deer locally. I cannot remember my own age about half of the time, but I can recall the details of every successful deer hunt I have ever made.

Besides sports and fishing, what else is there to think about?? Well yeah, I guess there is that one other thing...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom