Thompson Long Range shooting course

B

BowmanMD

Just wondering if anyone here has taken or heard anything good or bad about their 2-day course and whether it's worth the $$$. I did a search and couldn't find much. Thanks.

Can you put a price on education ? I have seen the course advertized and have thought about it. But it seems a little high priced. Another thing is they dont let you use your gun. They want to sell you one of theirs. But I would like to hear from anyone how has gone threw the course aswell. But I still think its a little high priced.

I know the Thompsons very well and have shot their guns and if i have the money to do their course i would have done it already.

Don't pass on the first day if you would shoot it the last day

Absolutely amazing. Mark is top notch in every single way. The guys absolutely knows what he is talking about. He has forgot more than I will ever remember.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-11 AT 05:45PM (MST)[p]you get a nice factory MK5 in 30-378, and a VX3 Leupold in 4.5-14, with his reticule.Snake oil salesmen imo.

The chit he "teaches" aint hard to learn on your own, if you have enough off a heart beat to fog a window..But i suppose everyone wants to buy success these days..On the upside, its a half assed way/system to shoot long range.

Yes his deal and best of the west crap gives me heartburn, I've twisted turrets before it was cool..Now after all the BS I think its a matter of time till we have regs on hunting scopes..

You cant buy success, but many try.

I disagree with you Reddog. True it is not hard to learn but not many people understand even basic information and Mark can make even beginners see the light and so can others in the business.

Very few people understand a scope being level and what that means, how to properly mount a scope, how to determine the best load for a specific gun, etc.

How is it a half a$$ed way to shoot? I shoot a 300RUM with custom lines in the scope and it is spot on. I know the gun, I know the load, I know the scope and how to make them all come together at show time so I guess if that is half a$$ then so be it.

Just because it gives you heart burn does not mean it is wrong.

2 day course cost $1550.00 then at the end of the 2nd day you can purchase the 30-378 for an additional $3200.00 if you like..

I'd much rather learn on my own from select websites and youtube vids and put the saved $1550 towards a rifle scope combo if I didn't already have one...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Just wondering if anyone here has
>taken or heard anything good
>or bad about their 2-day
>course and whether it's worth
>the $$$. I did
>a search and couldn't find
>much. Thanks.

I took the Marks shooting class along with a few others. I learned alot from Marks class and I highly recommend it.

Thanks for all the replies. I figured there would be multiple opinions, but it's nice to be able to hear both sides.

1manshow,
Did you end up buying the rifle and what do you think about them? Thanks!

Didn't need a rifle. My 300RUM works just fine but I do use his custom Leupold scope.

>Thanks for all the replies.
>I figured there would be
>multiple opinions, but it's nice
>to be able to hear
>both sides.
>
>1manshow,
>Did you end up buying the
>rifle and what do you
>think about them? Thanks!
>

Yes i did buy the rifle.... Its a great gun!! What i like about Marks system is its simple.... no turrets to remeber to turn back is what i like...Any more questiions feel free to PM me...1Manshow

Turrets are there for a reason my friends, altitude, temperature and angle are huge factors that are multiplied at any long range distance. Not knowing how to "dial" your scope to compensate could mean a miss or wounded animal. Do yourself a favor and get on best of the west's website and load your cartridge info into their calculator. Start playing around with altitude, the difference in bullet drop at an elevation of 4500 ft vs. 8500 feet @ a 1000 yards might scare you. Never taken his class personally but I do know quite a few people that have his setup, most feel like superman with the (just hold it hear @1000 yards) set up.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom