This what I found out scouting for elk

I was looken around for a dodge to use as a anchor...but had to use a pile of rocks ;) Used the winch and a strap on a couple of rocks. When we came back I went threw the other side of the hole just fine. A jeep rolled off the road in this same spot the day before. My boys helped turn him over and pulled him to the low part of the road. Then they hooked him to a dodge truck to pull him back on the road.
We did see a couple of nice 6 x 6 bulls tho.

Man that sucks. Those dang diesels are so heavy in the front end. I'm sure those running boards were a lot of help too, I hate mine.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-11 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]Who made your brush guard?

I've been trying to find one for my F350.

"Quitting is not an option!"

It's a crazy water year and it's busted a few of us so far.
Kinda cool pics though. I like the hovering wheel! haha

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-11 AT 12:21PM (MST)[p]Bob our cabin is right accross from that hill :)
The brush gaurd is a warn. They only sell them in black so I had a powder coat company try and match the gold on the truck.

If your like that tire hanging up in the air he is another one for ya.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photo...0433124070_1041547333_31998314_6725720_n.jpeg

If you look in the sage you can see the tire marks where the jeep slid down the bank and rolled over.
The snow drift down the road was worse. Some of the four wheeler trails had big snow drifts on them. So we had a tough time getting around. Oh......not to say I would ever ride a four wheeler in the forest......? haha

Shoot BIGJOHN!

That ain't even close to being Stuck!

One thing about a fricken Diesel!

They don't get off the Road too far before they are in trouble!

The Back wheels usually don't even make it to the Stuck Hole!:D

You need some counter-weight in the back end!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I keep trying to tell you...there are NO ELK ON FISHLAKE...

Mudholes, well, that's another story. :)

>I keep trying to tell you...there
>are NO ELK ON FISHLAKE...
>
>
>Mudholes, well, that's another story.
>:)

HAHAHA......I love it!

Maybe you need to borrow the Rzr 4 next trip out John.....I just fly over the top of those mud holes!

Seven Mile Country. Slow to dry out. It's just to dang tempting not to push the access dates. Have to admit, your not the first one thats dropped a wheel on that stretch. The really crappy part of your adventure is I'll be the one getting bounced around all summer going through your ruts. ;-)

On over to Gates Lake and It's "elk city" from now until August 15th +/-

DC

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-11 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p]When they fixed the road, Did they do anything with the snow drift down the road ?
Oh...and there are no elk on fish lake !
But a Rzr 4 would be nice to cruz in around the mud holes :D

Yes they plowed through it. It's been raining every day, the road is still a mess.

And I agree...there are no elk on the Fishlake..
and also agree with Lumpy...
Why did you have to make more ruts! haha..

I drove through that spot on the 7th and 8th. It seemed like they put a pipe under,dumped a ton of dirt and graded it. I saw plenty of elk too. Nothing huge, but it was better than looking at cattle.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-11 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]My brother in law was up there with his scouts last week . He said wednesday a backhoe and dump trucks full of gravel headed down to fix the road . He also said a front end loader was used to clear the snow drift down past the ranger station.My other brother in law is up there this week, with scouts from bountiful.
Its nice not to see and here cows every where. But I am sure they will start moving them in soon.
Rick ,It just took a minute to hook a strap around a pile of rocks and pull myself out. Nice to have a 15,000 pound winch handy . Be prepared !
:) Ps: by the way those are 35 inch mudders buried in that hole. The truck makes them look small. The back tire floated right over bessy. Haha

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom