This is what happens when you are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems police officers are very reluctant to shoot black persons armed with a knife and officers are ending up getting stab or slashed with the knife.
I was a firearms instructor and when going though the firearms instructor course we were taught you DO NOT LET A PERSON GET LESS THEN 7 YARDS NEAR YOU WHEN ARMED WITH A KNIFE.
When they make that 7 yard line they gett double tapped to the torso and if they do not go down a 3rd tap to the head.
A suspect can cover that 7 yards in one second and be on you and even deal you a deadly knife strike if your first bullet fails to stop him. Of course this was being taught back prior to 2000 and before the crap we now get for shooting a black person.

RELH

RELH, I still teach that drill in my classes. One guy with a rubber knife makes for a few believers.

Call me what you want....but as a non LE at that scene there is no way I would have assisted in that final act of shooting......

I'm almost positive the OP was not referring to the black guy as the stupid one....

I'd a Backed them Up!

I'd of Probably waited till He Cleared that White Pick-Up Though!

He Wasn't Worth getting Somebodies Pick-Up Damaged!

Last edited:
so you weren't talking about the cop that let him get too close??...I mean, obviously, the bad guy is stupid...
I seen a lot of stupid in that video, It was kind of a toss up for me on who the OP was referring to.

It seems police officers are very reluctant to shoot black persons armed with a knife and officers are ending up getting stab or slashed with the knife.
I was a firearms instructor and when going though the firearms instructor course we were taught you DO NOT LET A PERSON GET LESS THEN 7 YARDS NEAR YOU WHEN ARMED WITH A KNIFE.
When they make that 7 yard line they gett double tapped to the torso and if they do not go down a 3rd tap to the head.
A suspect can cover that 7 yards in one second and be on you and even deal you a deadly knife strike if your first bullet fails to stop him. Of course this was being taught back prior to 2000 and before the crap we now get for shooting a black person.

RELH
I’ve read some pretty repugnant chit on the internet over the years. But that’s very near the top.

• Haha
Reactions: DW
Sounds like Chesterwyo is a fool that takes a knife to a gunfight and wonder why he lost. If you think that what I said was repugnant, then stay out of law enforcement as you would not survive 20-30 years of working the streets.
As for stupid in that video, both the suspect and the slashed cop were stupid. I am willing to bet the cop was worried about losing his job if he shot the suspect before he was slashed. I have talked to cops that with held their fire for that reason and were injured because they were reluctant to fire as soon as the danger presented it self.
RELH

Pretty sure he means he longs for the days they could shoot ANY criminal threatening their lives with a weapon without worrying about the repercussions if the criminal happens to be of a certain race.
He mentioned black people, specifically.

I was involved / observed a similar situation in a gun store last year. A guy walks in with open carry & asks the owner “If you wanted to kill someone, what ammo would you buy?” The shop owner politely stated that was an odd question & asked the guy to leave his store. Open carry guy then gets loud and places his hand on his gun saying he doesn’t have to go anywhere. The next thing you see is the shop owner & at least 6 other customers along with myself, stepping back & placing our hands on our concealed weapons. Fortunately for the open carry guy he realized he had just screwed up. He left the premises and was met by Henderson police walking down the block. That situation was very close to a similar outcome. The only difference is that open carry guy was a little smarter.

Correct. To help explain from his law enforcement background that in his opinion, that would be the race a law enforcement officer would be hesitant to use deadly force, knowing the repercussions from the press, public, etc.
Agreed...! My son in law is a Desoto Co Sheriff in MS. He has expressed the exact same opinion.
Unfortunately it only takes 1 or 2 seconds of apprehension & it could cost him his life.

Correct. To help explain from his law enforcement background that in his opinion, that would be the race a law enforcement officer would be hesitant to use deadly force, knowing the repercussions from the press, public, etc.
You’ve done a good job explaining it on his behalf. And I understand. But the manner in which it was worded it is indefensible IMO.

You’ve done a good job explaining it on his behalf. And I understand. But the manner in which it was worded it is indefensible IMO.
You are definitely entitled to your opinion. I am not necessarily explaining it on his behalf. I don’t know him other than buying a beautiful knife from him. I am simply trying to explain what I comprehended from reading his post. Nothing more. It seems like the majority here understood it the same way I did.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. I am not necessarily explaining it on his behalf. I don’t know him other than buying a beautiful knife from him. I am simply trying to explain what I comprehended from reading his post. Nothing more. It seems like the majority here understood it the same way I did.

The best thing to do is stop arguing with him and send him a medal for being so offended on behalf of black people.

You should read it again.
No amount of coercion is going to get me to see it any way other than the way I see it. Last I checked people are allowed their own opinions, even if they differ from yours. I’m content to leave it at that. Are you?

No amount of coercion is going to get me to see it any way other than the way I see it. Last I checked people are allowed their own opinions, even if they differ from yours. I’m content to leave it at that. Are you?

You are, even when you're wrong.

Maybe you should have just asked RELH what he meant. Must have been a lot easier to assume.

So Chesterwyo you are trying to label me a racist. When was there a riot and burning-looting when a white person was shot by a cop? when was there a riot, looting-burning when a Hispanic was shot by a cop? Same thing for a Asian person or native American.
You are blind as a bat as officers are reluctant to shoot a black person due to the repercussions that happen and the officer fearing the city fathers will sell him down the drain to protect their minority votes.
I am not a racist, as I am very sure you are white and if you threaten me with a knife, I would shoot you as fast as I would any other person who was stupid enough to do that and place my life in danger.
You can take your political correctness and cancel culture and stick it where the sun does not shine or are you one of those liberal whites that has a guilty conscience over Democrats owning slaves.
RELH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom