This is a HERO!

Roy you are right about the tears. The word "hero" is not good enough to describe the actions of that young boy.

RELH

Wow. That is terrible that he didn't make it. He did more than most grown men would have done. As a dad, it breaks my heart to think about the fear and pain he went through in the end. HERO is often overused IMO but it falls very short in describing this young man.

Prayers for his family.

UtElk: After reading your comment I couldn't even bear to read/watch the link. Also with a young son, this sort of thing scares the bejesus out of me. Perhaps we cannot change the past, but we can all work harder to ensure that our own kids, and the children in our communities, never share this youngster's fate due to avoidable circumstances. My own son narrowly avoided a 60 mph impact by an electric (very quiet!) car crossing a roadway at age 8. Had I not shouted, he would be gone today. As it was, he threw himself one step backward and the car passed within inches. It makes me sick just to think about it.

bulskin - you need to read that story. What that little boy did will reaffirm your faith in humanity! Yes, it ended up in a tragedy, but like the Savior said - "Greater love hath no man than this..."

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Thanks, Roy. I am certainly reminded that there are no "bad" children. It is heartbreaking that some die too young, and that others are ruined by poor parents or lousy circumstances beyond their control. Different subject, I know, but such a waste. All deserve every effort I can make to help.

Hero isn't a strong enough word to describe him and his actions. What a great young man.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom