Third Time's a Charm!

whipknot

This spring turkey season was a fun one for my family. I was fortunate to head out with my Dad to Southern Utah during the early season. We hunted hard for three days, populations were low in our area but we had a fun time. He ended up with a great tom on our last day. Way to go Dad!

9117ken-turkey.jpg

For the past two years, my son Jake and I have been out on the youth turkey hunt. He has hunted hard and really wanted to fill his tag. Frustration led to discouragement after two years of failed attempts.

This year, his determination was at an all-time high. Jake was determined to get a turkey. Some great friends offered to let us hunt thier property and the youth opener found us sitting in a blizzard watching an empty field. The day ended without any opportunities to fill his tag.

Saturday late afternoon we headed back on the mountain for another try. The snow was falling again and the birds were quiet. About an hour before dark, the clouds parted and sun came out. That was the trigger needed to get the birds going.

A few minutes later Jake was able to connect on a big tom with a single shot at 45 yards. After three years of hard work he finally did it! It was a great experience to share with my son.

Special thanks to Sherwin and Rob for helping to make this happen!

Here's one happy kid!
2920jake-turkey.jpg

1375jake-turkey2.jpg

Proud Papa!
8jake-dad.jpg

Very cool !

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom