THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
A Kid may be in Serious Trouble for taking a Toy Gun to School!

JFP!

When I went to School!

Most of My School Mates/Friends Had Guns in the Gun Racks of Our/Their Trucks And Yes they were Parked on School Property!

We took Guns in to Wood Shop!

Tore them Down & Re-Finished the Stocks on Many Guns!

Never one Incident!

After School We were Going Huntin/Shootin!

Just the way it was!

Can't have them in a Back Window Gun Rack anymore!

Some SOB Will Steal Them!

Can't take em to School anymore!

Land your Ass in Jail!

This World We Live in is F'D Up!

And No!

It ain't the Guns Fault!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32315423&ni...-taking-toy-gun-to-magna-school&s_cid=queue-3

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Not only guns but pocket knives for cryin out loud. We all had pocket knives and used them daily at school. Never had a problem. SO, we had guns in the cars and knives in our pockets and never had a problem. What has happened to our world??????

Amen!
One year I made it a point to hunt ducks EVERY day of the ENTIRE season. There's no way I could have done this without taking my gun to school. I'm pretty sure I didn't shoot anyone and nobody stole it. There was too much good old-fashioned ass kickings for guys to get too far out of line.
It's a totally different world now. sad!
Zeke

A few years ago I got a phone call from my sons kindergarten teacher... She tells me we have a serious problem because my son had taken a weapon to school.. I panic thinking the worst but when I get to the school I found that they had confiscated a pair of nail clippers with the fold out nail file...

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! I grew up in Vernal Utah and by Damn we had GUNS and they went with us, so did the Dogs, whether to school or to the grocery store.

We Hunted and We loved it.

We should try an teach our youth about life and the things that go along with it instead of trying to shelter them from everything.

GOOD Morning everyone, Damn I'm in a bad mood today!!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-14 AT 09:13AM (MST)[p]>A few years ago I got
>a phone call from my
>sons kindergarten teacher... She tells
>me we have a serious
>problem because my son had
>taken a weapon to school..
>I panic thinking the worst
>but when I get to
>the school I found that
>they had confiscated a pair
>of nail clippers with the
>fold out nail file...

Yep, and these nincompoops are teaching our kids!!!

My god what is happening to this world.

I had a kid recently that helped me with some farm work and he carried a small pocket knife with him while he worked for me. As everyone should. well, he went to school one day with the knife still in his pocket and someone noticed it in his pocket, cops get called and they charge this poor kid with possession of a deadly weapon without a effing permit! Can you believe that horse shittle??!!

Courts got all in an uproar and kid is now on probation all cause of a dam pocket knife for work.

A few bastions of the old days still exist. Deer opener is Saturday just finished up the bragging board for each kid to post their deer in my classroom. Those that don't get their deer this weekend will bring rifles in their Pickups on Monday for after school, they will park off school grounds and be reminded to lock up PU's for safety. This is coming to an end as am I after 34 years in the classroom.

We've had one incident in 34 years a foster kid that moved into the district had a hit list to take out the school and most of the teachers the kids with guns turned him in an he went to adult jail. I would also guess most of the guys have knives in their pockets from feeding in the morning. Cities obviously have way more complex issues and safety concerns which is why I choose not to live there.

The principal of our Elementary school had 1 entire wall of his office totally dedicated hunting pictures of his students.

He retired 2 years ago.

He was also the most popular teacher at the Elementary school and High School. I remember during a HS graduation all teachers were introduced, and the applause for him was 3x louder and longer than any other teacher.

Small rural school, and it is one of the reasons I moved here 10 years ago to raise my kids.

Guess We took Our Guns to School for different Reasons than they do now!

Here's a Song that Reminds me of the Good Old Days:

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

we used to play knife throwing games in the front lawn of our high school during lunch. our principal would watch and enjoy with us.

im not to old I graduated in 2009 and I even had guns and knives in my truck, I think its ridiculous how much has changed since I was in highschool. but I also blame the kids now. there all in to computers and games systems, its ridiculous how many kids don't even play sports or just go outside and hang out. not to mention the gothic kids... and little gang bangers with there pants halfway down there A$$.. its ridiculous.... the world is changing.. and so are some of the parents there letting there children do these things because its becoming the social norm...

Got news for you guys.....you can't even draw a picture of a gun or pretend your hand/finger is a gun out here in northern utah. You'll end up in an unplanned parent teacher conference with the principal and authorities just to waste your time expressing their concern that your kid is heading down the wrong path and it needs to be corrected NOW..........

I wish I had an answer...........frustrating is all I can say.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom