Thieves...ARGHHH!!! 4 Rifles stolen in Montana

M

mtdream

Just moved to Billings Montana...and stuff sitting in garage...Neighbors were out of town....neighbors kids had a party...woke up the next morning to start cleaning garage...

4 rifles stolen...(yes a discouragin word was spoken)

Tikka WhiteTail Hunter- Stainless, Gray Laminate Stock, Chambered in .300 Win Mag., Muzzle Brake, Scope was Zeiss Conquest 3-9x44 (Silver/Stainless), Limbsaver recoil pad on stock, Butler Creek Magnum Shoulder strap, Serial Number turned in to Sheriff

Bushmaster Varmint Special Stainless- Chambered in .223, scoped with Leupold 3-9x40 Mark AR scope, serial number provided to Sheriff

Ruger M77 Blued w/ Walnut Stock- Chambered in .280, Scope- Zeiss Conquest 3-9 x 50 black, Crown of barrel has small chip out of it, Butler Creek Shoulder Strap...

Remington 700 Classic Blued Walnut Stock- Chambered in 7mm Rem. Mag, Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope...Front iron site removed, Butler Creek Shoulder Strap...

It is a long shot, but thought I would post...Posting this on several forums...Appreciate any sightings or hints...shoot me email @ [email protected] if you come across anything...

post an ad in your local paper and contact all the pawn shops. Turn up the heat and maybe offer a reward. Good Luck.

>post an ad in your local
>paper and contact all the
>pawn shops. Turn up the
>heat and maybe offer a
>reward. Good Luck.

Great Idea...Just did that, thanks!!!

Welcome to MTs ghetto,start checking with the neighborhood meth dealer,then the pawn shops.

Usually only a tweaker is dumb enough to steal firearms. If the thief gets caught, you can press for federal charges. Federal conviction of theft of a firearm is a mandatory 10 year sentence I believe.

Sorry to hear about your rifles. :( Better get used to it if you plan to stay in that town. Been there a few days on trips. If possible maybe check out Bozman MT. Not that far down the road and much different surroundings.

You might want to consider a big gun safe to put all valuables and important papers.

))))------->

When that neighbor returns, I would have a talk with them and their kids about you suspecting someone from that party making off with your firearms.

RELH

>When that neighbor returns, I would
>have a talk with them
>and their kids about you
>suspecting someone from that party
>making off with your firearms.
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

Or just show up with a jug of kerosene like RELH and his cousins do. You'll get your guns back.

That's too bad, really. NO place is safe anymore.

Eel

drunk kids do really stupid things.....I'd let the neighbor know that if they mysteriously reappeared in the back of your truck you'd drop it but you'd never forget. I believe lots of times when drunk kids wake up with those things they get really scared. You'd rather get them back than have them toss them in a canal somewhere.

It's worth a try....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-11 AT 06:13PM (MST)[p]There are alot of Mexican fences/dealers in Billings,the illegals will buy anything they can resell in Mexico,guns,electronics,ect.Sorry to say but you have landed in the WORST town in MT for crime/drugs/illegals.Billings is the end of the road for some bigtime drug trafficing,coming out of Canada and up from Mexico,alot of the items stolen there end up leaving with those dealers.

So like they are gone, But I would start by letting the known dealers and such that you are offering up a reward for "GOOD" information on the whereabouts of your rifles and they can make about the same money by returning them as they could by selling them to some-one else. GOOD LUCK

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-11 AT 12:25PM (MST)[p] yep ^^^^^

put a reward ad --- in the local newspaper

word can get around quick -

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom